• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: end game

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "end game"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Alcohol, mother of all evils
    And Mickey Mouse is "one of Satan's soldiers"

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    agree

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    I also noticed in the local classified people wanting jobs feel obliged to give their nationality within the add, i.e. for a house cleaner, all calssified seems to state 'Polish/English/other nationality' cleaner/builder etc

I wonder if someone can start a Poll to see how many people here would employe and English or Polish cleaner/builder?

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    oh forgot to add, during the last downturn there were loads of plumbing retraining threads posted on here.
    that got undercut by the Polish. (bad move)

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    oh forgot to add, during the last downturn there were loads of plumbing retraining threads posted on here.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    you mean like wine

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Yup ... batten down the hatches, remove all discretionary spending from your budget. (6)
    you mean like wine

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    weh hey - God Like Troll

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    aahhhh, but did she see the contracting potentials? and did you have to do the contracting to support the beauty?
    I did contracting because at that time with 3 babies (literally) in the family I wanted her to stay at home rather than go out to work and leave them with a minder

Mods ...I am watching (1)

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Not me!... seriously good looks before I even got onto the contracting gravy train. (3)
    aahhhh, but did she see the contracting potentials? and did you have to do the contracting to support the beauty?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Not me!... seriously good looks before I even got onto the contracting gravy train. (3)

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Why are women so shallow? (4)
    Why do IT contractors marry or get into a relationship with shallow women?? I mean they all know that the only reason a good looking woman looked at them is because of their daily rate!!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    What is a year's worth for you? Also do you have a family to support?..

btw: Another factor to consider the downturn is a good tester of all relationships, during last downturn some contractor's other halves managed to step up and support the family, others just voted with their feet!!
    Why are women so shallow? (4)

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    I got one years survival money before I have to sell up and ship out.

Thing is that survival money may be used for plan b so in reality I got 9-10 months ... (not long but if I cannot get a contract within that period its futile anways.).

One thing is that I am not going permanent, its pointless. I'd rather risk it all with plan b.
    What is a year's worth for you? Also do you have a family to support?..

btw: Another factor to consider the downturn is a good tester of all relationships, during last downturn some contractor's other halves managed to step up and support the family, others just voted with their feet!!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Depends on your expenses and existing debts (loans, mortgage etc) If you have no debts and no mortgage, then I think you can survive well for a whole year on as little as 15 K - and if the worst comes to the worse you can earn extra doing work including collecting shopping trolleys from outside Tescos.

If you are worried, start looking into your finances and outgoings, see how you can reduce them.
    Yup ... batten down the hatches, remove all discretionary spending from your budget. (6)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X