• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Georgia's isolation increases"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Copyright Shaunbhoy´s RSM ~1982

I have been on this forum since Y2k. I have seen newbie’s come and go. The main reason they go is because the forum is dominated a cliquey group of posters who think the forum is just for them and to the exclusion of others. If anyone does not share there opinion they are ignored or have jest comments made at them. Some have not got the brains to make a constructive comment and can on and are only able to criticise others. Just look at the numbers of members compared with the number of members who post.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Oh lookee! The village idiots are having a fight. It's like watching 2 sheep savage each other.
    Copyright Shaunbhoy´s RSM ~1982

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Please link or read the orginal text of his speech. (He did not say that)

As I do not speak the language reading the actual text is pointless. I can only go by translation, as applies to most of us Westerners. If he did not say that then he should deny it and at least attempt to placate Israel and avoid this potential path to conflict.

His actions in pursuing nuclear weapons and refusing to cooperate with the moderate West, especially the EU is not helping his cause. The answer to this political impass is in his hands and he will have to be prepared to accept responsibility if Israel does act in its own interests of self-preservation.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    The Iranian president stated that he wanted to see Israel wiped out, denies the Holocaust and he is also allegedly building nuclear weapons. There is an implicit threat that Israel simply cannot afford to ignore and they obviously will not.
    In fact I believe that plans are already afoot to kidnap and bring Ahmadinejad to trial in Israel for crimes against their state. Personally, I hope they succeed !!
    Please link or read the orginal text of his speech. (He did not say that)

Found one...
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle12790.htm
    Last edited by Paddy; 13 September 2008, 12:37.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    As much as I despise the Iranian government they have never said anything about attacking Israel. Lie enough times people will believe it's true . It’s yet another version of the west will be obliterated in 45 mins

The Iranian president stated that he wanted to see Israel wiped out, denies the Holocaust and he is also allegedly building nuclear weapons. There is an implicit threat that Israel simply cannot afford to ignore and they obviously will not.
    In fact I believe that plans are already afoot to kidnap and bring Ahmadinejad to trial in Israel for crimes against their state. Personally, I hope they succeed !!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I think you mean 'autonomous state'. Israel attacks out of provocation from muslim states as self-defence and annexes territory to protect itself from suicide-bombers and hostile gunmen etc.
    I can understand why the West back them and for those same reasons I have a great deal of sympathy for them. They are a truly democratic state at constant peril of attack from muslim extremist states, not least Iran.

As much as I despise the Iranian government they have never said anything about attacking Israel. Lie enough times people will believe it's true . It’s yet another version of the west will be obliterated in 45 mins

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Crimea is an automations state and is in favour of keeping the Russian base. When I got my Ukrainian Visa I had to get a separate one for the Crimea.

The problem with international law is that it is open to interpretation therefore state pick and choose what an when suits them. Israel attacks Lebanon, that’s OK and the EU then give them most favoured trading status. Israel annexes more West bank territory last week, UK government says nothing.

I think you mean 'autonomous state'. Israel attacks out of provocation from muslim states as self-defence and annexes territory to protect itself from suicide-bombers and hostile gunmen etc.
    I can understand why the West back them and for those same reasons I have a great deal of sympathy for them. They are a truly democratic state at constant peril of attack from muslim extremist states, not least Iran.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Nothing ever is, but if Russia behaves in an unlawful way then I would expect other states to consider whether they then have an obligation to adhere to the law that Moscow so frequently flouts.
    The lease at Sevastapol expires in 2017...... Russia should start to behave as a friendly nation or expect to lose that lease. Meanwhile, I gather that Ukraine are aiming to change the terms of the lease. Interesting times ........

Crimea is an automations state and is in favour of keeping the Russian base. When I got my Ukrainian Visa I had to get a separate one for the Crimea.

The problem with international law is that it is open to interpretation therefore state pick and choose what an when suits them. Israel attacks Lebanon, that’s OK and the EU then give them most favoured trading status. Israel annexes more West bank territory last week, UK government says nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied

Nothing ever is, but if Russia behaves in an unlawful way then I would expect other states to consider whether they then have an obligation to adhere to the law that Moscow so frequently flouts.
    The lease at Sevastapol expires in 2017...... Russia should start to behave as a friendly nation or expect to lose that lease. Meanwhile, I gather that Ukraine are aiming to change the terms of the lease. Interesting times ........

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Two can play at the ransom game. The Russian fleet uses Ukraine's ports and I believe that Ukraine is about to deny them that use. Fair play as far as I am concerned.

Not quite that simple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Yes Russians did put up the gas prices, not double to start with. The Ukrainian government were under the impression that that could join woo NATA and the UK and expect to pay the same low price for gas as they did in the USSR. I really don’t understand how the same people who go on about market forces being king then are against it when it is applied by Russian companies. Even Palin was going about the USA should not to be held to ransom by high Russian oil prices.

Two can play at the ransom game. The Russian fleet uses Ukraine's ports and I believe that Ukraine is about to deny them that use. Fair play as far as I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I think you will find that Russia suddenly doubled its prices to screw the Ukraine and the Ukraine refused to pay. Let me know your findings and links re gas and the poisoning of the president.
    Yes Russians did put up the gas prices, not double to start with. The Ukrainian government were under the impression that that could join woo NATA and the UK and expect to pay the same low price for gas as they did in the USSR. I really don’t understand how the same people who go on about market forces being king then are against it when it is applied by Russian companies. Even Palin was going about the USA should not to be held to ransom by high Russian oil prices.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Two official lists of victims have already been published. One includes 311 names, dates of birth, causes of death, and burial locations, of South Ossetian citizens, so far confirmed killed in the fighting between August 7 and 12. The other official list includes the name of 54 additional civilian casualties of the conflict.

How can you “force” Russia to publicise the list 2,000 dead?
    What are you suggestions on how to “force Russia”.

How about backing some of you rhetoric up with some facts?

I'll bet you that the 311 includes russian troops, which yet again would be dishonest.

Russia is still occupying Georgia, which says a lot about their intentions, a month after their incursion. They really are the lowest form of intelligence IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Absolutely, and I believe it was an authority such as the UN that gave the official 63 figure. The real criminal thing is that Russia used a figure of 2,000 to justify its incursion into Georgia after South Ossetia had already been rocketing Georgia for a week or so before Georgia retaliated.

Russia should be forced to provide evidence of those deaths or announce a climbdown and admit its dishonesty.
    Two official lists of victims have already been published. One includes 311 names, dates of birth, causes of death, and burial locations, of South Ossetian citizens, so far confirmed killed in the fighting between August 7 and 12. The other official list includes the name of 54 additional civilian casualties of the conflict.

How can you “force” Russia to publicise the list 2,000 dead?
    What are you suggestions on how to “force Russia”.

How about backing some of you rhetoric up with some facts?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I will lookup the links when I get back in the UK late tonight.

Re Russia cutting off gas to the Ukraine etc. Look up the facts first, the Ukraine did not pay their gas bill for over a year, they used the gas in transit for Western Europe. Do you expect Russian private companies to supply free gas! Would the UK supply free gas to France?

I think you will find that Russia suddenly doubled its prices to screw the Ukraine and the Ukraine refused to pay. Let me know your findings and links re gas and the poisoning of the president.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X