• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Head Up - Has your driving licence photo card expired?"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I've still got the old paper one sans photo.
    Ditto

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    We spell it "Licence" in the UK - if in doubt, have a look at it.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I've still got my old driving license book. the one that looks like a mini passport
    I had to change it for one of the green paper ones when it became invalid in the eighties

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    ahh i miss my paper licence, it was also held together by 6 pieces of tape although i finally had to swap it for a new one as it had my address from 6 yrs ago on it and I couldnt make an insurance claim without the correctly addressed licence
    Damn

But then again, I may have moved, but I still own the other house. The one that the license and my insurance is addressed to

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    ahh i miss my paper licence, it was also held together by 6 pieces of tape although i finally had to swap it for a new one as it had my address from 6 yrs ago on it and I couldnt make an insurance claim without the correctly addressed licence

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Apparently my green paper license expires in 2026 too
    Hi, old-timer

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Actually it expired years ago, it's in six pieces held together with tape

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Apparently my green paper license expires in 2026 too

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    apart from my nose job, Botox, facelift and sex change it's still little ol me
    fugly

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    apart from my nose job, Botox, facelift and sex change it's still little ol me

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I've had a L one for five years now. I think...I lost it some time ago..

Geez...don't they send you a letter and call you down to the DVLA local office to have a new photo taken and hand you a tempor....oh wait this is the UK. hardly can expect that level of service...shoot y'all still have cobbled streets!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    10 years!!!!!!!!! I've moved house this year and sent off to change my address and the photo part expires in October 09!!!!

Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

As the photo was taken in October 1999.

Have you changed much?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    14th January 2013!

phew.......

I thought I was finally nicked there.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So when do you have to pay?
    when the doughnut shop closes and it's not yet clocking off time for old man plod

Leave a comment:

Working...
X