• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ordering a H.I.P

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ordering a H.I.P"

Collapse

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Yup. They have said that they will abolish HIPS as well as IR35. Lovely those Tories.
    Unfortunately, they can't abolish the energy certificates, they have been foisted upon us by the EU (though they can valid for longer).

tim

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    And you believed it?

Yes, I believe it. Not all parties are overtaxing-liars. There used to be a bit of honesty and competence in government prior to 1997. Hard to believe but true. The ERM was a blip, but all governments will make some mistakes. Unfortunately this lot make clangers virtually every day.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Yup. They have said that they will abolish HIPS as well as IR35. Lovely those Tories.
    And you believed it?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Give it a few years and I'm sure the next Tory Govt will bin them...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Bob Shawadiwadi's a CUK legend (and it only took him 14 posts!)
    I have sneaking suspicion that our Bob is actually one of Xoggoth's creations.

If only he had kept blogging.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Gros View Post
    I'm clearly not in with the CUK jokes...

I guess I just need to take a gamble!
    Bob Shawadiwadi's a CUK legend (and it only took him 14 posts!)

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Give it a few years and I'm sure the next Tory Govt will bin them...

Leave a comment:

• Gros
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Bob Shawaddiwadi does them. Plenty cheapness.
    I'm clearly not in with the CUK jokes...

I guess I just need to take a gamble!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Much quickness

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    DIY. Cheaper still.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Has anyone here had a Home Information Pack done on their home?

I need to order one. When I google it, the sheer volume of info that comes back is mind boggling. It appears that there are loads of fly by night companies that have jumped on the bandwagon, providing them at cheaper and cheaper prices.

I want to find someone reliable, but at the same time, I want to spend as little as possible on this as, let's face it, no one cares about them. It's just a formality.

Any experience or suggestions with this?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    my grandmother ordered a new hip from the NHS.. HTH

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied

I need to order one. When I google it, the sheer volume of info that comes back is mind boggling. It appears that there are loads of fly by night companies that have jumped on the bandwagon, providing them at cheaper and cheaper prices.

I want to find someone reliable, but at the same time, I want to spend as little as possible on this as, let's face it, no one cares about them. It's just a formality.

Look, either it is just a formality, or it is more than that. If it is just a formality, do you care? Get the cheapest price. If it is more, then you want to find someone reliable.

It can't be both a formality and not a formality.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Find an agent that gives you them for free (or cheap) without an unreasonable tie-in period.

Leave a comment:

• Gros
    started a topic Ordering a H.I.P

Ordering a H.I.P

Working...
X