• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pet Hates - Web sites you love to hate"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    This has got to be the worlds worst website.

Warning, this site may bring on epileptic seizures/fits

http://www.dokimos.org/ajff/

What's with the backwards panther

"Best viewed with Internet Explorer" - presumably in the hope that it will crash before you have to look at the site for too long

The reversed-timeline panther is very weird indeed... and why is part of the site off the left of the screen (including the reversopanther's destination)?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Ok, that's just wrong on so many levels.

What's with the backwards panther

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

Ok, that's just wrong on so many levels.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

My eyes are bleeding

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    You do know if you scroll right to the bottom of the page you can see the solution?
    Not always, sometimes it's hidden.

However, if you click on the Google "cached version" you get the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    They banned my IP there. And my ID there got just 4 digits
    The other year they banned an IP address that happened to be an NTL router or proxy or something serving a whole area of the East Midlands - although after I sent them an email pointing out their incompetence, they eventually lifted the ban.

I also have a four-digit Slashdot ID, and mine is prime

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'll start - experts exchange!

Expert Sex Change

Every time I search on some obscure problem, an exact description of the same problem pops up at that pesky site, along with a tantalising note saying a solution is available

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied

Every time I search on some obscure problem, an exact description of the same problem pops up at that pesky site, along with a tantalising note saying a solution is available

The trouble is I don't need to look things up often enough to justify paying their subscription, and with a bit more digging one can usually find a free answer or enough hints elsewhere.
    Know a guy who got snared by this outfit. Paid the sub, got the answer, couldn't unsubscribe . Eventually did, but it cost him way more than the single month he reckoned on. Card company couldn't be arsed to do anything to help.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    They banned my IP there. And my ID there got just 4 digits

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    http://slashdot.org/

Some of the article comments make my head explode.

The editors are all illiterate wonkers.

As an exposition of crass stupidity in geekworld it is sans pareil.

Leave a comment:

• bellymonster
    replied
    I signed up back in 2003 when it was free and I've never paid a penny since.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied

The trouble is I don't need to look things up often enough to justify paying their subscription, and with a bit more digging one can usually find a free answer or enough hints elsewhere.
    The subscription is peanuts. You are an impoverished permie and, like you, I hereby claim my free 30 PAID days off sick each year.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    You do know if you scroll right to the bottom of the page you can see the solution?
    +1

It takes an expert to figure it out though.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X