• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hey Oracleslave!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hey Oracleslave!"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Astonishingly - I had a wooden tie once. Wore it for a laugh once too.

Think I still have it somewhere. Crikey, they still make them.
    If those ties are fairly rigid then they might be useful weapons to have in meetings.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    One of the help desk techies here has a seemingly endless supply of Starwars ties.
    is he also very fat?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    My god those are fugly!
    Yours for £11.99, cheap at twice the price, and they:
    now have an assortment of differently stripes

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    One of the help desk techies here has a seemingly endless supply of Starwars ties.
    Bit of a ladies man then I assume?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    We're posting on an IT board. I'm sure someone will be keen to trade you for a fine selection of Disney cartoon ties.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post

My god those are fugly!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Does anyone want a fine selection of kipper ties?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Does anyone want a fine selection of kipper ties?
    We're posting on an IT board. I'm sure someone will be keen to trade you for a fine selection of Disney cartoon ties.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Cause it was on at half ten and I got to get up (Get woken up) at 6 am ... I recorded it though ...
    Presuming it's on Sky I'll give it a watch sometime as well.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A greasy spoon in Putney? Must have been way back when
    Funnily enough, yeah. I miss the proliferation of greasy spoons, they're a dying institution.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    This one? Link

How come you only watched 10min?
    Cause it was on at half ten and I got to get up (Get woken up) at 6 am ... I recorded it though ...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Saw something you'd appreciate last night - watched the opening 10 minutes of the Sweeney (Film version) set in Putney!

Very surreal seeing buildings and an area you recognise, except transplanted 30 years back in time!

Where the Thai Square place is, was a single story greasy spoon - I was pissing myself just watching it (And laughing at the clothes they were wearing).
    A greasy spoon in Putney? Must have been way back when

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Saw something you'd appreciate last night - watched the opening 10 minutes of the Sweeney (Film version) set in Putney!

Very surreal seeing buildings and an area you recognise, except transplanted 30 years back in time!

Where the Thai Square place is, was a single story greasy spoon - I was pissing myself just watching it (And laughing at the clothes they were wearing).
    This one? Link

How come you only watched 10min?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    started a topic Hey Oracleslave!

Hey Oracleslave!

Working...
X