• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Google Chrome

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Google Chrome"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Extra to what?

The Incognito feature looks interesting. Can't think what for though *ahem*
    It allows you to enter the wonderful world of CUK and marvel at some of the 'amoeba' still struggling to evolve. (You know who you are PeopleSoft bloke + SaS)

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Its JavaScript performance is something like 40 times faster than Internet Explorer 7 for various purposes. The primary intention is to provide a browser capable of running complex web applications with the responsiveness of desktop applications, even on older, slower machines.
    I can't help feeling that speeding up Javascript is solving the wrong problem.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Been using it today. Took minutes to install. It doesnt handle as well as I would like but that is probably me.

It seems quick enough and easy to use.
    It has fallen over a couple of times when using the back button while running an embedded vid.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    You're right. It should definitely be bundled with the operating system.
    Indeed, along with a media player.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Now just imagine how long it would have taken to download, install and test the latest version of Internet Explorer.
    You're right. It should definitely be bundled with the operating system.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Some interesting theories on the inspiration for the Chrome logo:

http://www.glazman.org/weblog/dotcle.../09/02/Deja-vu

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...&postcount=348

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Someone tell me what it does extra.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Its JavaScript performance is something like 40 times faster than Internet Explorer 7 for various purposes. The primary intention is to provide a browser capable of running complex web applications with the responsiveness of desktop applications, even on older, slower machines.

A further aim is to reduce the complexity of the browser's user interface so as to better support the common usage patterns of ordinary users (not tech-savvy geeks).

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces View Post
    Passed 4 minutes of my day though
    Now just imagine how long it would have taken to download, install and test the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    The journalists all seem to think it's for if you're buying secret presents for your wife...
    Yes, that's exactly what I thought too...

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Installed, scratched head, uninstalled.

Passed 4 minutes of my day though

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Anyone seen the video clip of Google office in Zurich? Do they get any work done? I know I wouldn't.

Linky

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Extra to what?

The journalists all seem to think it's for if you're buying secret presents for your wife...

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Installed to bored in 15 mins.

Someone tell me what it does extra.
    Extra to what?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Installed to bored in 15 mins.