• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New contract T's & C's...WTF??"

Collapse

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    It's all changed now hence I'm no longer involved and gone are the days when agencies looked after contractors, they forget who pays their wages it seems.
    The end client, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gecko
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Gordon Gecko Holdings?
    Nothing to do with me.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    This sounds like the agency I'm working through.

Is the first word composed of 3 letters?
    Get Rich Recruitment?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    No, I'd never heard of them before a few months ago.

It begins with 'G' and there's three words, I'm saying no more.
    Gordon Gecko Holdings?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I have but under their previous T's & C's, I just sent them an email reminding them of that.

Can they force new T's & C's like this?
    They can put in any T's & C's they like. You need to inform the agency whether your Ltd Co accepts them or not otherwise they will enforce the terms on you and you will have to go to court to get them to pay up.If you say nothing it will be presumed that you accept them. Personally I would wait until you put in a late timesheet due to reasons out of your control and then inform via a written letter you have never accepted the terms and conditions due to them not being in paper format.

Could I withdraw services and sue for payment of the remainder of the contract?
    Remember your Ltd company has to act reasonably and that behaviour is a bit extreme.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

This sounds like the agency I'm working through.

Is the first word composed of 3 letters?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Last edited by gingerjedi; 23 August 2008, 10:42.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    A fellow contractor who works on another site but for the same agency and client submitted a timesheet 5 weeks ago that had a simple mistake on it, rather than ring him to clarify they just didn't pay that month and left it up to him to contact them when the money didn't arrive in his account.

If this is not re-drafted I will name and shame.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ess-legal.html

It's not Parity is it?

Leave a comment:

• Numpty
    replied
    Is that acceptable?? Should I reply with 'non payment will result in withdrawal of service'?

flipin outrageous.
    My current client never takes less than 2 working days and can take ten days to return a signed timesheet. I usually expect to see it on Thursday.

Since the bint that does the running around is off for two weeks, I am expecting to get three or four timesheets returned to me all at once.

If the agent then didn't pay, I'd be tempted to torch ClientCo in the middle of the night.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I have but under their previous T's & C's, I just sent them an email reminding them of that.

Can they force new T's & C's like this? Could I withdraw services and sue for payment of the remainder of the contract?

They're very amateurish, they sent me this after I had been working for a week and expected me to sign it:

I hereby state that all my tax and national insurance contributions are being paid by my Umbrella/Limited Company in line with IR35.

I understand that ***** **** ***** are not responsible or liable for the ensuring of the above.

Signed:

I just ignored it and they never got back to me.
    Up until about a year I had been contracting since the eighties and I'd never signed a contract or been pressured to do so despite having been sent the paperwork before going on site. Dunno why nobody bothered but that seemed to be the norm.

I still get the impression that a contract as such isn't worth the paper it's written on. I worked for the best / worst clients and agencies over the years, had a few run ins, walked out of one gig with no repercussions and generally just submitted timesheets and got paid, everybody happy. It's all changed now hence I'm no longer involved and gone are the days when agencies looked after contractors, they forget who pays their wages it seems.

This particular set of T & C's I've never encountered and would never countenance. As far as I'm aware (and I might be wrong), the basic premise is turn up and do the work and you're entitled to be paid, end of. Why leave yourself open to the grief though? Get the terms changed or walk IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Outrageous.

You haven't signed have you?

Can they force new T's & C's like this? Could I withdraw services and sue for payment of the remainder of the contract?

They're very amateurish, they sent me this after I had been working for a week and expected me to sign it:

I hereby state that all my tax and national insurance contributions are being paid by my Umbrella/Limited Company in line with IR35.

I understand that ***** **** ***** are not responsible or liable for the ensuring of the above.

Signed:

I just ignored it and they never got back to me.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    You might have to be quick or this newbie might beat you to it.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ess-legal.html

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    A fellow contractor who works on another site but for the same agency and client submitted a timesheet 5 weeks ago that had a simple mistake on it, rather than ring him to clarify they just didn't pay that month and left it up to him to contact them when the money didn't arrive in his account.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Just drafting a nasty email now, I've explained that my ltd is professional business and expects to be treated as such.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Outrageous.

You haven't signed have you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X