• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can I buy a new plane for my business?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    But if it's one of those 'stealth' planes it should be exempt no?
    They'd never find the thing!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    Depends on what kind of plane. You need to be careful to avoid the 'stealth' taxes we keep hearing about.

IGMC
    But if it's one of those 'stealth' planes it should be exempt no?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    "I SHOULD POINT OUT THAT WE KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT MILITARY JETS AND THAT WE ARE MERELY CAR DEALERS THAT LIKE TO COLLECT THINGS, SO KEEP ANY QUESTIONS SIMPLE PLEASE. "

typical pimps.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/616537.htm

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    They can only get you if you touch the ground
    I recommend this

Threaded
    "The aircraft, which sports an interior renovation that cost more than $11 million, includes an 18-karat gold sink, plush leather seats, carpet, a $1.2 million sound system, and a full-service kitchen."

Do you think I have the taste of a footballer?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I recommend this

Threaded
    They can't spell "carat", and their web site scrolls sideways

No way would I trust them to fly a plane

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The old learjet is getting a bit shabby now - it is nearly a year old. Some of the other contractors at the current gig get it washed - seems a bit much when you have to get the current model.

Do you think HMRC will object if I put through a second plane in the same year?

Thanks
    BP
    I recommend this

Threaded

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Yes, they will get upset if you keep bothering them. They would be far happier if you didn’t file any returns whatsoever then they can concentrate on the easier cases of the ‘little people’.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Nah they scrapped the stealth (taxes)

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Depends on what kind of plane. You need to be careful to avoid the 'stealth' taxes we keep hearing about.

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Can I buy a new plane for my business?

Can I buy a new plane for my business?

The old learjet is getting a bit shabby now - it is nearly a year old. Some of the other contractors at the current gig get it washed - seems a bit much when you have to get the current model.

Do you think HMRC will object if I put through a second plane in the same year?

Thanks
    BP

Working...
X