• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How fast is the internet in Wales?"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This is being written at 11:01 - lets see how long it takes to reach England....
    Yesterday, 23:49

Has the sand in the hourglass got damp?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    The time is now 22:59
    The delay was at the English end!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    This is being written at 11:01 - lets see how long it takes to reach England....
    The time is now 22:59

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    We have Broadband in Wales.
    Just download your post's onto a floppy disk, give them to Williams the Posty.
    He'll cycle to the big town and give the disk to Jones the librarian.
    Jonesy will give the disk to Megan the Typist, and she'll put it on't internet.

See, Simple

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It's not the internet you need to be worrying about, it's finding somewhere with that new-fangled electricity!
    Aye. Hot running water, inside toilets, civilisation, etc...

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    It's not the internet you need to be worrying about, it's finding somewhere with that new-fangled electricity!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Should be ok in Conway I imagine. Last time I had the mispleasure of being in The Wales I was in Broad Haven and hand to stand on top of the hill just to get a signal, and the rozzers stopped me on the A40 - nice stretch of road to speed on though.
    I believe North Wales police are hottest in the UK on speeders. I hope the "I am in f4j" card works on them.

I only just got my clean licence back...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There aren't any.

The English closed them all down.
    So thats the reason we are now dependant on the Russians for energy - who could pull the plug at any moment.

I had always wondered...

Whenare the English going to close down those wretched choirs? I hope they let Tom Jones keep going though...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Conway Marina. Is that good or bad?
    Cnowy town is a fantastic place, try the Liverpool arms on the quay.
    I did have trouble with my connection there though. The sheep carrying the packets just dont run fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Does the blow hole double as an RJ45 socket?

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    There aren't any.

The English closed them all down.
    cough......Mrs Thatcher

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Should be ok in Conway I imagine. Last time I had the mispleasure of being in The Wales I was in Broad Haven and hand to stand on top of the hill just to get a signal, and the rozzers stopped me on the A40 - nice stretch of road to speed on though.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    It gets slower the higher up the mountain you go.

HTH.
    <national streotype mode>
    So I should keep down the coalmines?
    <\national streotype mode>

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Where in Wales?

Leave a comment:

Working...