• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Art of the Banana Programmer"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    cool site - almost hiring one for the fun!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    oh no......your on the slippery banana skin slope to being a code monkey then!

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Others will see that a fairly good banana stream can be obtained by becoming a PM monkey, a management monkey or even a consultant monkey.
    I'll have you know I'm paid in peanuts.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/C/code-monkey.html

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I wonder if you gave monkeys more bananas it would make them into .net programmers?"

Not always. Some code monkeys may strive to keep the banana flow up by moving into .net. Others will see that a fairly good banana stream can be obtained by becoming a PM monkey, a management monkey or even a consultant monkey.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Newly inspired, I'm going to have an organic banana with my breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    the de-facto guide to GM bannanas...

http://www.bananalink.org.uk/future/future_3.htm

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I bet .net monkeys are routinely injected with antibiotics as well. Can you get organic ones?
    Organic monkeys? How about bionic monkeys? There could be a show -MONKEY WARS!- every week bionic monkeys battle each other until one is crowned champion.

PS. Damn, Zeit beat me to the organic monkeys

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    I think .net Monkeys have GM bananas.............. grow them bigger, pay them less......
    I bet .net monkeys are routinely injected with antibiotics as well. Can you get organic ones?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I think .net Monkeys have GM bananas.............. grow them bigger, pay them less......

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    pay bananas get monkeys........ I should know we have a few here!
    I wonder if you gave monkeys more bananas it would make them into .net programmers?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    pay bananas get monkeys........ I should know we have a few here!

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    I like you, you're silly

(Screwy Squirrel)

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Have a sonny.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied