• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bye bye . . .

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bye bye . . ."

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    What about those of us that shoot/fish?

It's not work and I am the general public.
    It's called parking up and walking.

I shoot & fish, Never had to take the 4x4 off road whilst doing so though, part of the pleasure of shooting and fishing is enjoying the countryside. This cannot be done whilst ripping it up in a 4x4.

PS. Driving a 4x4 to where you are shooting, has a tendency to drive the game away too

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    But then, a lot of people think Katie Price is gorgeous, too.
    I've shagged worse.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    No it isn't. It's about working your bollocks off, saving, setting and achieving a goal.

I don't drive a car to compensate for anything. I drive a car because I enjoy driving that particular car.
    There is no such thing as "bad taste" only "other peoples' taste". If you like them Churchy, that's your preference, personally, I find them vulgar. But then, a lot of people think Katie Price is gorgeous, too.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I don't drive a car to compensate for anything.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You been following me around?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It's akin to crassly swaggering around with thick gold neck chains and sovereign rings on each finger, it's ordering disproportionately expensive champagne in an overly loud voice, it's bragging to a crowded pub about how much you earn and how much you've just donated to charity.
    No it isn't. It's about working your bollocks off, saving, setting and achieving a goal.

I don't drive a car to compensate for anything. I drive a car because I enjoy driving that particular car.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I r in ur glovebox, fingerin' ur glovz.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It's akin to crassly swaggering around with thick gold neck chains and sovereign rings on each finger, it's ordering disproportionately expensive champagne in an overly loud voice, it's bragging to a crowded pub about how much you earn and how much you've just donated to charity.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post

Not very sporting shooting fish is it?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Quite! people's antipathy towards expensive cars is driven 100% by envy
    Not necessarily true, I have a great deal of admiration for stylish expensive cars.

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    What makes me really laugh is when rich priviliged IT contractors of all people start making their envious rants. If you have a problem with emmissions then why not start with the chavs and the "pimp my ride brigade" who drive around in cars that are far greater health and global warming hazards than any X5 or Cayenne.
    Sorry, it's not all about the emissions either, it's the ridiculous dimensions coupled very often with the misplaced arrogance/over confidence of the occupants. It's akin to crassly swaggering around with thick gold neck chains and sovereign rings on each finger, it's ordering disproportionately expensive champagne in an overly loud voice, it's bragging to a crowded pub about how much you earn and how much you've just donated to charity.

It is possible to have wealth and the associate privilege without constantly (and rather pathetically, IMHO) trying to draw attention to it.

Money <> Style

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    4x4's are work vehicles, the general public (school run Mums) should be banned from owning them anyway

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    You did earn the money and you have the right to spend it how you wish.

I will now f**k off.

But your car is still tulipe
    Which car and in what way?

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    You did earn the money and you have the right to spend it how you wish.

I will now f**k off.

But your car is still tulipe

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Less is more - 4x4s are just the 4 wheeled equivalents of Vista.

4x4s are large comfortable vehicles - shirley?

I earned the money, I spend it how I please.

Now, f**k off!

Seriously

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Why do the tory boys always jump to the (illogical) assumption that if no one likes their latest crass, obnoxious, tasteless toy that they are really 'just jealous'?

I swear that even if I did consider one to be worth the outlay (I don't, even as a contractor) I wouldn't buy one because big, brash, un-subtle statements like that don't do it for me.

Less is more - 4x4s are just the 4 wheeled equivalents of Vista.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X