• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye bye . . .

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Quite! people's antipathy towards expensive cars is driven 100% by envy
    Not necessarily true, I have a great deal of admiration for stylish expensive cars.

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    What makes me really laugh is when rich priviliged IT contractors of all people start making their envious rants. If you have a problem with emmissions then why not start with the chavs and the "pimp my ride brigade" who drive around in cars that are far greater health and global warming hazards than any X5 or Cayenne.
    Sorry, it's not all about the emissions either, it's the ridiculous dimensions coupled very often with the misplaced arrogance/over confidence of the occupants. It's akin to crassly swaggering around with thick gold neck chains and sovereign rings on each finger, it's ordering disproportionately expensive champagne in an overly loud voice, it's bragging to a crowded pub about how much you earn and how much you've just donated to charity.

It is possible to have wealth and the associate privilege without constantly (and rather pathetically, IMHO) trying to draw attention to it.

Money <> Style
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
      What about those of us that shoot/fish?

It's not work and I am the general public.
      Not very sporting shooting fish is it?

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        It's akin to crassly swaggering around with thick gold neck chains and sovereign rings on each finger, it's ordering disproportionately expensive champagne in an overly loud voice, it's bragging to a crowded pub about how much you earn and how much you've just donated to charity.
        You been following me around?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I r in ur glovebox, fingerin' ur glovz.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

It's akin to crassly swaggering around with thick gold neck chains and sovereign rings on each finger, it's ordering disproportionately expensive champagne in an overly loud voice, it's bragging to a crowded pub about how much you earn and how much you've just donated to charity.
            No it isn't. It's about working your bollocks off, saving, setting and achieving a goal.

I don't drive a car to compensate for anything. I drive a car because I enjoy driving that particular car.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I don't drive a car to compensate for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  No it isn't. It's about working your bollocks off, saving, setting and achieving a goal.

I don't drive a car to compensate for anything. I drive a car because I enjoy driving that particular car.
                  There is no such thing as "bad taste" only "other peoples' taste". If you like them Churchy, that's your preference, personally, I find them vulgar. But then, a lot of people think Katie Price is gorgeous, too.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

But then, a lot of people think Katie Price is gorgeous, too.
                    I've shagged worse.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                      What about those of us that shoot/fish?

It's not work and I am the general public.
                      It's called parking up and walking.

I shoot & fish, Never had to take the 4x4 off road whilst doing so though, part of the pleasure of shooting and fishing is enjoying the countryside. This cannot be done whilst ripping it up in a 4x4.

PS. Driving a 4x4 to where you are shooting, has a tendency to drive the game away too
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X