• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "2012 Opening Ceremonyy"

Collapse

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    FFS, not the Olympics again

And the landlord at my local was telling me that the football season is starting as well

Bloody sport...
    I've never understood the passionate support for a football team. Don't mind playing football, but watching, buying season tickets etc ???

It's always kind of embarrassing on holiday when somebody says "your British, your football player xxxx is the best and I have no idea who they're talking about."

I have a feeling that a fair percentage of men who claim to be into football are just faking it, in case they seem 'unmanly'

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And the landlord at my local was telling me that the football season is starting as well

Bloody sport...
    luckily for me i'm for too busy so don't watch much TV anyway (actually probably none now that top gear is off air again)

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    So it'll be the reinstated Red Ken and his famous performing newts then, will it?
    Nope, newts are endangered now so they're barred from being engaged on contracts purely for entertainment purposes, sorry.

I agree I loathe all of the hype around sports, these things take over the press endlessly.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Bloody sport...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Lord (Seb) Coe must be sliding down in his seat and thinking "How on earth do we follow this....?!"
    Simply put we can't, odds are the Health and Safety crowd will object with so many people in close proximity and fireworks will be banned due to the loud noise they emit and the flashes that might effect people.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Less pollution, less political suppression would probably be a good place to start ...

For me this whole Olympics is tainted for those two reasons alone. Something about this whole thing is deeply wrong.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Lord (Seb) Coe must be sliding down in his seat and thinking "How on earth do we follow this....?!"
    Less pollution, less political suppression would probably be a good place to start ...

For me this whole Olympics is tainted for those two reasons alone. Something about this whole thing is deeply wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Toffnana
    replied
    Watching it in HD is truely amazing. Never bothered with the opening ceremony before but thought would see and just wow!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I was just watching it and thinking the same. No doubt we'll have some kind of "How to solve a problem like the Olympic opening ceremony academy factor in the jungle" tulipe to organise it.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    started a topic 2012 Opening Ceremonyy

2012 Opening Ceremonyy

Well the events over in Beijing this afternoon are looking pretty spectacular so far.

Why do I get the horrible feeling already that the London ceremony is going to look something more like Jemini off of Eurovision a few years back ...?
    Last edited by moorfield; 8 August 2008, 12:46.

Working...
X