• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Turkey - any top tips"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Hire a car and drive the mountain roads. an experience you will never forget

PS. Take spare pair of pants

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Booked - off to Antalya in September.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I'm off to turkey on Monday. Has anybody been there recently? How much are the important things in life out there like beer and food? I've heard things have got more expensive over that last few years.
    Went to Ishmeler at the end of June.

It used to be quieter than Marmaris, now it's just smaller...

The credit crunch has hit tourism hard, it probably won't be as much of a seething cauldron of bare flesh as it was last year.

You'll need to be cloth-eared to avoid the "hallo my friend, come into my bar" from every waiter you pass by. Smile and keep walking.

The first time you go to a little off-the-beaten track it will be idyllic, the next time you go you will either have 2 waiters fighting over you or your meal will cost you 3 times the amount it did the first time you went....

The weather will be excellent and if you spend around £40 you won't be able to tell the fake watches from the real thing. Beer and food won't be much less than you pay here.

Basically you won't recognise the place if you went there 10 years ago...

HTH

(Off to Skye tomorrow)
    Last edited by cojak; 8 August 2008, 15:45.

Leave a comment:

• LittlestHobbo
    replied
    Lanzarote? I thought Tracy had a cortina?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm just about to book a holiday in Turkey. I'll let you know what it's like when I get back....

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Thanks for all the cooking tips - no tips on holidaying in Turkey then.

Leave a comment:

• LittlestHobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    goping?

The only definition I found was at urbandictionary.com and is certainly not safe for my work place.
    sorry a misplaced ah. try gopping

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You are a culinary master-chef after my own heart. And for the experts, you can always stick the food in for another two minutes if it is not piping hot after its first nuking. This also works for meat before you grill it for a then somewhat shorter period of searing time. Dunno how you survive on a veggy diet though since we aren't well equipped to deal with vegetation, especially the leafy tasteless stuff. Even herbivorous have trouble digesting that.
    These days, it's easy being a veggy. When I first tried in 1987, I became anaemic, it seems that Pot Noodle and ciggies are no substitute for a well-balanced diet!

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    As a vegetarian, may I suggest a nice nut roast, instead?
    Er, no.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    As a vegetarian, may I suggest a nice nut roast, instead? Like everything I eat, 2 minutes in the microwave on full power. Yummy!
    You are a culinary master-chef after my own heart. And for the experts, you can always stick the food in for another two minutes if it is not piping hot after its first nuking. This also works for meat before you grill it for a then somewhat shorter period of searing time. Dunno how you survive on a veggy diet though since we aren't well equipped to deal with vegetation, especially the leafy tasteless stuff. Even herbivorous have trouble digesting that.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    As a vegetarian, may I suggest a nice nut roast, instead? Like everything I eat, 2 minutes in the microwave on full power. Yummy!

As for the country: no idea, really, but they're not too hot on human rights by all accounts.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
    goose is goping...pass the bread sauce
    goping?

The only definition I found was at urbandictionary.com and is certainly not safe for my work place.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Perhaps I should have posted this question in Technical!
    So all the Heston Blumentahl wannabee's could answer?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Perhaps I should have posted this question in Technical!

Leave a comment:

• LittlestHobbo
    replied
    goose is goping...pass the bread sauce

Leave a comment:

Working...
X