• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Britain 2005

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain 2005"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    Well, Threaded was still watching Blue Peter when he was 17....
    He did say normal 14 year old.

Anyway, I heard Threaded was presenting Blue Peter. Before it even started.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    That's the sort of craziness this country is rapidly becoming famous for. FFS, it's just two normal teenagers. Give them a slap on the wrist, a disapproving look and no pocket money for a few months. Ruining a kid's life simply for following healthy biological urges is cruel. What normal 14 year old lad would pass on the chance for sex???
    Well, Threaded was still watching Blue Peter when he was 17....

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It gets weirder:

14 year old boy has sex with a 15 year old girl & he gets put on the sex offender's register, she doesn't.

Figure that one out then.
    That's the sort of craziness this country is rapidly becoming famous for. FFS, it's just two normal teenagers. Give them a slap on the wrist, a disapproving look and no pocket money for a few months. Ruining a kid's life simply for following healthy biological urges is cruel. What normal 14 year old lad would pass on the chance for sex???

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by allanh1
    I think that 2 frisky thirteen year olds wouldnt be done, i Think the isssue here is the 12 year old has basically put himself in a place of power over the 8 year old and performed these sick acts.
    I think charging him with rape/sexual assault is enough.

Leave a comment:

• allanh1
    replied
    He can understand right and wrong. He can also be guilty of rape, assault and abuse. What I have trouble grasping is the concept of sex with a child. For example, if a 50 year old man has sex with a 13 year old girl, then it's a clear case of sex with a minor. But if 2 frisky 13 year olds decide to know each other a little better then it seems strange to me that they are guilty of sex with a minor.

I think that 2 frisky thirteen year olds wouldnt be done, i Think the isssue here is the 12 year old has basically put himself in a place of power over the 8 year old and performed these sick acts.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    He can understand right and wrong. He can also be guilty of rape, assault and abuse. What I have trouble grasping is the concept of sex with a child. For example, if a 50 year old man has sex with a 13 year old girl, then it's a clear case of sex with a minor. But if 2 frisky 13 year olds decide to know each other a little better then it seems strange to me that they are guilty of sex with a minor.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    As he is himself a child, surely such a charge doesn't make sense?
    That's true, and until recently if it came to court the judge would have ruled the child "doli incapax" in common law and dismissed the case there and then (unless the child had shown clear evidence of knowledge of wrongdoing).

But I think the law has recently been changed. See:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/docs/tyc1.html

and:

http://webjcli.ncl.ac.uk/1998/issue3/walsh3.html
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 19 August 2005, 17:15.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    This is a result of eating hamburgers, as it makes kids "frisky".

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Can't the plod just accidentally shoot him?

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    and why not?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Agreed it's shocking and increasingly not such a rare event.

However, I have to ask...
    He also faces three counts of engaging a child in sexual activity
    As he is himself a child, surely such a charge doesn't make sense?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Societies reap what they sow.

For years now it's been increasingly difficult for teachers, police and even parents to discipline their children. Kids today don't get the "Right from Wrong" message hammered home, resulting in some running amok and being virtually feral.

Some of this wouldn't go amiss, or even some .

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    started a topic Britain 2005

Britain 2005

Boy, 12, accused of raping child

A 12-year-old boy has been charged with raping an eight-year-old boy in Greater Manchester, police have said.
    The accused boy, who is from the Wigan area, has been charged with two counts of rape and seven counts of sexual assault.

He also faces three counts of engaging a child in sexual activity. It is believed that the offences took place within the last six months.

The boy was due to appear before Wigan magistrates on Friday.

Words fail me...... from The Beeb

Working...
X