• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Looking forward to the commute"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So he was racing and you were driving normally - but you were side by side for ages?
    Not hard - I've seen these imbeciles darting all over road during the Friday afternoon crush on the extensive roadworks and contraflow section of the M1, cutting people up left, right and centre.

It always amused me that despite risking their lives and the lives of others with clearly increasing stress over several miles, the unpredictability of the traffic meant that I, driving at no more than 50mph, would never be more than three or four cars behind them by the time we reached the end of the roadworks.

By assessing the situation calmly and being aware of the patterns of traffic flow, I often contrived to be a couple of cars in front of them, if they'd been really annoying

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Best way to deal with such idiots is let them get up your chuff, acclerate toward slower moving traffic (no braking) and then move over at the last minute!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    This morning while driving in I had the pleasure of nearly being killed by a complete tw@t driving an 02 reg MGF. This tit was racing down the hard shoulder (the motorway was moving well as I was doing about 80 in the fast lane. He then cut right over 3 lanes of traffic and nearly took the front off my car in the process. He got the usuall geastures. He then moved back to the midddle lane to undertake a few cars before going back to the hard shoulder to undertake some lorries.

By the end of the M621 he slowed sitting in lane 1. I was heading down in lane 2 (only 2 lanes on this bit) as I got to the back end of his car he yanked the wheel so that he came half way into my lane to try to force me into the central reservation before darting back over the chevrons and off the motorway.
    So he was racing and you were driving normally - but you were side by side for ages?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Anyone else on the M62 this morning?

Chipboard lorry fire - I was parked up from 6:30 to 9am!!!

Only half a mile away, so really frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    probably a fkin doctor

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Clarkeson?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    No it was a MGF - my diesel Mondeo could almost keep up
    Couldn't have been a Passat then. Those things are hot

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    MGF hey, he was probably rushing to get to a garage before his head gasket gave out and engine seized

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    And you're sure it wasn't an A3

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    started a topic Looking forward to the commute

Looking forward to the commute

This morning while driving in I had the pleasure of nearly being killed by a complete tw@t driving an 02 reg MGF. This tit was racing down the hard shoulder (the motorway was moving well as I was doing about 80 in the fast lane. He then cut right over 3 lanes of traffic and nearly took the front off my car in the process. He got the usuall geastures. He then moved back to the midddle lane to undertake a few cars before going back to the hard shoulder to undertake some lorries.

By the end of the M621 he slowed sitting in lane 1. I was heading down in lane 2 (only 2 lanes on this bit) as I got to the back end of his car he yanked the wheel so that he came half way into my lane to try to force me into the central reservation before darting back over the chevrons and off the motorway.

Working...
X