• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: House Price Boomed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House Price Boomed"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    To live a mile away from me, Geri spent a few million getting a house down my road and £7.5 seems reasonable for a mile away.

She used to live next door to him, she was desperate to move

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ... £7.5 seems reasonable for a mile away.
    Leave a six pack in the fridge and you could round it up to a tenner.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Shows what people will pay

To live a mile away from me, Geri spent a few million getting a house down my road and £7.5 seems reasonable for a mile away.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    Real price is £245,500.
    nice negotiating Jamie!

"hi, I'm interested in the Slough 3-bedder. Yes, that's right, the one with the deathtrap swing, and where the owner's just installed a brand new pair or Marigolds in the kitchen. There's just one little problem - barely worth mentioning from your point of view but it would cut down my admin a bit - only the £7m is above the Stamp Duty threshold. For form's sake could you bring it to say £245,000?...oh, you can't budge below £246,000? My my, they told me to expect a tough cookie negotiator and I'm glad they warned me! Tell you what, I'll meet you half way, because you remind me of my nan. Paperwork's in the post."

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
    Real price is £245,500.
    Still too much for that pokey characterless undes-res IMHO

Leave a comment:

• JamieMoles
    replied
    Real price is £245,500.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    How Much!!!!

It's a pokey hole compared to my house, and mine cost less than a 1/4 Million

(and Mine is in a much pleasanter location)

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    What sort of person leaves a bucket and mop in the kitchen whilst they take the picture

tim

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I will have 2 please

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Where's heli pad and swimming pool?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Who says prices are falling? Nearly 7.5 million for a 3 bed semi in Slough sounds like a good price to me.
    You'd have to pay me more than 7 million GBP to move to Slough ....

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    started a topic House Price Boomed

House Price Boomed

Who says prices are falling? Nearly 7.5 million for a 3 bed semi in Slough sounds like a good price to me.

Working...
X