• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday afternoon science :-("

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Cool.

I may quote (copy paste) from this site, considerably over the coming months

Like the bit that says chlorinated water causes heart disease?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That ain't science.

This is science

- ace00
    Cool.

I may quote (copy paste) from this site, considerably over the coming months

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Jeez I hadn't realised that dumbing down had gone so far

That's the problem with post-modern education, everyone thinks their opinion is as important as everyone else's, even if they're ignorant as pig-tulip.
    Exactly! Sas

Only our opinion is important, Right

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    That ain't science.

This is science

- ace00

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Jeez I hadn't realised that dumbing down had gone so far

That's the problem with post-modern education, everyone thinks their opinion is as important as everyone else's, even if they're ignorant as pig-tulip.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Comparison.png

Not a great example. And naturally I disagree with the virtually exponential projected increase at the end (see below). But it shows natural variability in the recent past.

There are several factors that contribute to the "hockey stick" type graph. Not least is the over-reliance on a massively decreased pool of temperature measuring stations in city suburbs. The urban heat island is, real, powerful and measurable. More info: http://www.surfacestations.org/
    1. Yet again you post a link that contradicts you
    2. No one is disputing that natural variability exists.
    3. So now you've changed your tune and are saying the global temperature increase hasn't happened? Earlier you said it did but wasn't caused by CO2 increases.

Are you really stupid or a troll or both?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    What evidence do you have for this statement?
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Comparison.png

Not a great example. And naturally I disagree with the virtually exponential projected increase at the end (see below). But it shows natural variability in the recent past.

There are several factors that contribute to the "hockey stick" type graph. Not least is the over-reliance on a massively decreased pool of temperature measuring stations in city suburbs. The urban heat island is, real, powerful and measurable. More info: http://www.surfacestations.org/

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I'd go the Random Loon route every time. Chances of being right are far greater.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes. Or more accurately, that atmospheric warming caused by CO2 is considerably less than 1 degree C per century.

Can't believe I get sledded for cut & paste. On an internet forum
    Ok I can believe you or I can believe the Royal Society, which bluntly contradicts your figures. See Misleading arguments 4 and 5.

http://royalsociety.org/downloaddoc.asp?id=1630

Hmmm. I wonder on balance, which would be the wiser option?
    Some random loon on a forum or one of the world's most august scientific institutions.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Wasn't this thread entitled Friday afternoon science?

Should it not now be closed, archived and referenced only in scientific journal type thingies, being it's now Monday?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes. Or more accurately, that atmospheric warming caused by CO2 is considerably less than 1 degree C per century.
    What evidence do you have for this statement?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

I cut and paste quite often. now that the attendants let me have scissors again

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Is it that you agree global temp is rising but don't agree that man-made CO2 is responsible?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Captain Cut'n'paste is clearly unable to think for himself. But then we knew that.
    "we"?

You're on your f**kin' own pal!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It'd be even better if it wasn't Cut'n Paste...
    Captain Cut'n'paste is clearly unable to think for himself. But then we knew that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X