• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HELP ! Where to holiday in Spain."

Collapse

• dezze
    replied
    Palma old town in Mallorca is really nice. Stayed at a hotel called the Bellver (acutally there 8 months on a contract) right on the front. Kid friendly with pool etc, but certainly a million miles from Magaluf (well, about 10 miles I suppose).

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I'd go to Majorca, apart from megamuff it's very beautifull. You can tour the whole island coastline in a day. Valldemossa is very untourisy and where the people with big money have villas e.g. Michael Douglas/CZJ

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I thought the Romans flattened Carthage to the ground ?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I think the bar scene was filmed in Swansea somewhere.
    Rhonda Valley... http://www.taffwars.com/ They're also on ewetube.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I find your lack of enthusiasm disturbing

This isn't the resort you're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is it? Never been myself... I think I've visited 'Hoth' a few times when I was supposed to be in the French Alps. 2x
    I think the bar scene was filmed in Swansea somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I may be on my own here but I find nothing interesting about anything to do with Star Wars whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yeah, great.
    Is it? Never been myself... I think I've visited 'Hoth' a few times when I was supposed to be in the French Alps. 2x

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Yeah, great.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    My advice. There is never a good reason to holiday in Tunisia. A miserable Arab hell-hole with as much charm as downtown Beirut.
    I'd rather do a week in Djerba than a week in Magaluf. However I'd rather do 2 weeks in Oz than a week in Djerba, so I do agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    But what about the Star Wars village?
    Yeah, great.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    My advice. There is never a good reason to holiday in Tunisia. A miserable Arab hell-hole with as much charm as downtown Beirut.
    But what about the Star Wars village?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    8 days each time Sat-Sun, I am a contractor you know.
    Kind of understandable if you have a broken ankle I guess. Sitting in a hotel/resort for a week voluntarily is just not what I would typically consider a holiday.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    If you idea of a holiday is sitting around a hotel for two weeks, then Tunisia is your place.

8 days each time Sat-Sun, I am a contractor you know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X