• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: P****d off

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "P****d off"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Ever since doing my PTS (personal Trakeside Training) I know not to go within 1.2m of the live line - also the trainer said its best not to touch the line with any "long things" maybe some one should of told the Pole this?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    General is only for "current" events.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Poor chap.

If he wasn't circumcised before the incident, he sure as hell was afterwards.

Anyway, since this thread has descended in to bad puns, shouldn't it be moved to "Light Relief" ?

General is only for "current" events.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    maybe he had a four foot long kn0b
    Third leg meets third rail?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    maybe he had a four foot long kn0b

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    Does anyone watch mythbusters? Discovery Channel?

http://mythbusters-wiki.discovery.co...the+Third+Rail

They tested and proved that this was not possible due to the fact that urine sprinkles out in particles and not one solid flow.
    Did you read the analysis below suggesting that their, um, "equipment" wasn't, er, up to scratch?
    "The urine stream produced by the experiment was a lot more "splashy" than I usually experience - much too splashy, for example to do a satisfactory job writing one's name in the snow, let alone conduct electricity. But lots of people write their names in the snow every year, or at least their initials. My guess is that the difference between the experimental results and the reality of my own urine stream is a difference inlaminar flow. Laminar flow is the opposite ofturbulent flow. With laminar flow a stream flows in layers rather than mixing as it goes along. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laminar_flow It can occur in liquids when the vessel being drained creates a stable stream (unlikely in a contracting bladder) OR when the stream passes through a tube with a consistent diameter, interior surface AND sufficient length. The spongy urethra is usually 15-16 cm long. The nub on the dummy was about half that. In short, the pipe on the dummy was too short. I think that with a longer . . . um . . . outlet appendage, the results might be very different."

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And cabbage soup.
    Why? Is that a dieuretic?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Try 700 Volts...
    Ah, well that's borderline then. But then he is dead, so it must have worked. Perhaps Polish urine is more conductive.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    They tested and proved that this was not possible due to the fact that urine sprinkles out in particles and not one solid flow.
    If the voltage is high enough, discrete droplets won't help you, since it can arc between them and thruogh vapour. Mythbusters tried it on 230v (or 120v mains) but the rail in the station was at something hideous like 70,000 volts.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Maybe he was actually just cleaning his golf clubs and loast his balence and fell on the track.

OR

It was a life insurance scam, he got his fella out, then fell on the track???
    Don't know about you, but when I've really got to go, I could carve out channels in the enamel with the force of the flow.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied

http://mythbusters-wiki.discovery.co...the+Third+Rail

Maybe he was actually just cleaning his golf clubs and lost his balence and fell on the track.

OR

It was a life insurance scam, he got his fella out, then fell on the track???
    Last edited by Money Money Money; 22 July 2008, 14:22.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Was he found with his Pole in his hand?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Pole Volt.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    P*ss poor taste, you might say.

I think I'm all dried up - feeling a bit frazzled - going to have a lie down. brb.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    I theng you.

Can I just add this thread is in very poor taste, so keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X