• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wink Murder

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wink Murder"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by boo.boo View Post
    doesn't your eye get tired?
    The hog's one?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    He said a pot noodle, and a wink, not a pot noodle and a bukaki wink......

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    I've never really understood that combination. Why should a wink and a pot noodle go together? In fact, why should anything and a pot noodle go together?
    It's a quote from Chris Finch in The Office:

"Bump into the mate whose bird I've done... He says, 'Finchy, you look knackered,' and I'm thinking yeah, and you look like you've had a pot-noodle and a wank, mate."

Series 1, Episode 5, part 4, apparently

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That combination has been around for some time based on contractors living on the cheap. Pot noodle provides the meal and the wink is entertainment often quoted as "a contractors night in". HTH.

See Charles Dickins: "Will you be joining us at the Dog and Duck this evening Pip? No sir, I was planning a contractors night in."
    Very interesting. I didn't know that.

I know that I have been 'amusingly' describing my weekend activities as 'having a Pot Noodle and a wink' for some time.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    That combination has been around for some time based on contractors living on the cheap. Pot noodle provides the meal and the wink is entertainment often quoted as "a contractors night in". HTH.

See Charles Dickins: "Will you be joining us at the Dog and Duck this evening Pip? No sir, I was planning a contractors night in."

I have been enlighted & made happy that my closest contact with a contractor is not paying them

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I've never really understood that combination. Why should a wink and a pot noodle go together? In fact, why should anything and a pot noodle go together?

Leave a comment:

• boo.boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    My weekend plans often revolve around a Pot Noodle and a

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    My weekend plans often revolve around a Pot Noodle and a

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    When you say wink is that in the traditional sense or the pot noodle sense?
    Is it possible to get murdered by that kind of wink?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    I suppose a wink and apot noodle are shallow versions of their real counterparts. And they both produce stains on the carpet and a vague sense of regret and self-loathing.
    And leave a bad taste in the mouth?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    I suppose a wink and apot noodle are shallow versions of their real counterparts. And they both produce stains on the carpet and a vague sense of regret and self-loathing.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Can anyone tell me what this thread is about?
    I've been away for days, but like Eastenders you can always pick up the storyline.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X