• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Board reshuffle

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Board reshuffle"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    If you checked my join date you'd see I'd been here a year too. She never mentioned it because she is not a foreigner, although may have the same level of literacy as one
    Most probably not a 'she' either.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You're not big enough!
    Careful! I'll set the dogs on yer

Oh!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I think that anybody that has been on this (or the old ) forum for more than 4 years should be retired (By force if necessary)
    You're not big enough!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    TPD is the thread of love'n'hugs - no flaming allowed in there

SD has mentioned several times over the past year that she isn't originally from the UK.

CFK is a troll.

General is now the official home of people who are so dumb that they think what they read in the Daily Mail has some vague relationship to facts, as opposed to being the rabid, nonsensical, bigoted distortions, half-truths, outright lies and deranged ramblings that have for so many years been the hallmark of that bastion of bulltulip's output

Meanwhile, did I mention that TPD is the one place on this board where everybody (except tay) is nice to everybody else?

Oh, and Technical is technical - Zeity posted source code on there the other day, in response to my demands, and we got it working
    Last edited by NickFitz; 16 July 2008, 01:55.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    So?

What do you want done about it?
    I think that anybody that has been on this (or the old ) forum for more than 4 years should be retired (By force if necessary)

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    As a veteran of 2002 or 2003-abouts, I've noticed a bit of shifting on these forums in the past year or so.
    So?

What do you want done about it?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    If you checked my join date you'd see I'd been here a year too. She never mentioned it because she is not a foreigner, although may have the same level of literacy as one
    Stop being a knob.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Oh yes! I was thinking of Janekszecau (there is no chance I've spelled that right!) but forgot about DBNO! Wasn't he the one who posted about being a high-flying interim manager, until somebody dredged up his first ever post and it was about how he had lost his helpdesk job and couldn't get another one?
    My second finest hour.

It all went pear shaped when people started to meet in person and form 'relationships'.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Yep Janek from Wales... was so depressed....

What about NamesFacesPlaces ... think he went to the US or something.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Dbno!

Oh yes! I was thinking of Janekszecau (there is no chance I've spelled that right!) but forgot about DBNO! Wasn't he the one who posted about being a high-flying interim manager, until somebody dredged up his first ever post and it was about how he had lost his helpdesk job and couldn't get another one?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Maybe. That and the moving emoticons, especially the hugging one. It's certainly a more emotionally diverse atmosphere. In the old days the arguments were just as vicious but nobody took any notice of them.
    teeeheheee yes I remember the most annoying smilies at the time... was it MiketheBike or Milan who used to post this at the end of each post :

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Not nostalgic for the bench of course

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Thunder, do you think its the sudden influx of women contractors that done it??
    Maybe. That and the moving emoticons, especially the hugging one. It's certainly a more emotionally diverse atmosphere. In the old days the arguments were just as vicious but nobody took any notice of them.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    2002 - the golden summer of fox hunting debates, FTVs, DBNO and 'coding is not actually all that skilled a job'.

ooohhhh feeling so nostalgic... I recall the fox hunting debate
    That was the time when I was longest on the bench - stayed around 3 months on the bench!!

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    oh correction, i do have the time to post, only i am not allowed to post cuz of the client net access issues

Leave a comment:

Working...
X