• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How confident are you about getting your next gig?"

Collapse

• Bumfluff
    replied
    I'm a tad worried, 6 weeks ago sh*t loads of gigs for me on jobserve, looked today and there was hardly anything, and very little in London worse I have seen it in last 5 years. Current gig finishs end of Oct.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Technically finish end of August but am sitting around thumb twiddling so have opted to pre-empt an early finish and have started looking for something to begin in a few week's time. Half-heartedly went for four roles yesterday, got called back on two and my CV has gone forward for both. Not a bad return so far but we'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I finish this friday. Not sure what the perl & .Net market is like, and hardly dare check. But I'll have to bite the bullet and start looking pretty soon.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    you are clearly not a woman

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    correct

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Torran View Post

Can't complain

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    just had 3 weeks off after a 18 monther. Got another gig today, start Monday.

Can't complain

Leave a comment:

• kali
    replied
    Originally posted by Ollie View Post
    ... while everything you own is being repossessed...

Nah thats why there's a benefit culture

Leave a comment:

• Ollie
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I finish in a week and a half.

I'm taking 6 weeks off, and I'm already getting booking requests for September.
    We are not interested in your bedroom services.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I finish in a week and a half.

I'm taking 6 weeks off, and I'm already getting booking requests for September.

Leave a comment:

• Ollie
    replied
    Originally posted by kali View Post
    Don't care, finish Friday, taking some time off. Worry about it l8r
    ... while everything you own is being repossessed...

Leave a comment:

• kali
    replied
    Don't care, finish Friday, taking some time off. Worry about it l8r

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    My biggest problem so far has been to let the new client give me a week off in between contracts so I have time to move from one country to the next. Now done in an hour with wife and kids.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    So how long after that?
    No more than 3 months in total, including my 8 weeks off. I expect September is when it'll all start happening again.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    I'm hoping for a couploe of months off.
    So how long after that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X