• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "North vs South again ..."

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Chip, Shoulder kina thing?
    Is that a northern or southern word?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Chip, Shoulder kina thing?

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    All northern 'people' are working class. Everything else stems from there. Off you go.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    can't be bothered to read all the thread, is this about food in north/south?? I mean FFS there is no good English food... finish!!!

errr, ok I love cream scones, those are English, right? With lemon tea of course.... is cream scones northern or southern? I know there are many cafes up north offer creamy scones (e.g. Bakewell area)

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Need to think of the country as a whole, not just sections which do good and ones which do bad.
    I've always thought of this country as a hole

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    >Diver licks screen frantically<
    Well if it's Torture Diver Day...

Chocolate Banoffee Pie

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Welcome to the lottery of life. The world isn't all flat you know...

In comparison anywhere in the UK will be sh*t compared to say New York City, and anywhere in the UK will also be better than some remote village in africa.. it's a meaningless comparison.
    Tune in next week to hear more tales of the unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    Need to think of the country as a whole, not just sections which do good and ones which do bad.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    People who classify people according to whether they divide territory into groups/sections/etc and draw comparisons come across as having their heads stuck firmly up their ass, IMO

And they have no understanding of recursion too, probably
    Expected reaction.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    HTH:

"London is bankrolling less affluent areas of the country to the tune of more than £13bn a year, new research reveals today.

The report from Oxford Economics, an independent think-tank, shows that the average person living or working in the capital pays about £1,740 a year more in tax than he or she gets back in public spending on infrastructure such as roads and schools. The South-east and East Anglia contribute more than £1,000 a head to the nation's coffers each year, while the rest of the country is a drain on Whitehall.

Northern Ireland is the most heavily-subsidised region of the country, each resident enjoying about £3,700 a year more in public spending than he or she pays in taxes. Wales, the North-east and Scotland are the other big winners. The report estimates that London, the South-east and East Anglia together have paid out a net £250bn over the past 10 years."

http://news.independent.co.uk/busine...article2283996 .ece

Welcome to the lottery of life. The world isn't all flat you know...

In comparison anywhere in the UK will be sh*t compared to say New York City, and anywhere in the UK will also be better than some remote village in africa.. it's a meaningless comparison.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    He means those new less-lard healthy butties
    I Can't Belive It's Not Lard!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    In for a penny, in for a pound (or 5).
    Try this one:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...chocolate-cake

>Diver licks screen frantically<

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Tw@

I'm on a diet you know

In for a penny, in for a pound (or 5).
    Try this one:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...chocolate-cake

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Er?

The map clearly states:

Worst area's in england for Benefit claims (Jobseekers allowance,Incapacity Benefit, Income support etc. etc. etc................
    I apologise - you are right (apart from the incorrect apostrophe you added).

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Tw@

I'm on a diet you know

Leave a comment:

Working...
X