• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Worst First Date

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Worst First Date"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    My worst first date:

Took a girl to pictures, by Taxi, Hoping to impress I gave the Taxi driver what I thought was a fiver, and told him to keep the change. he roared off without waiting for me to close the door.
    I'd given him a twenty, leaving me with five pounds (I'd only had £25) Not enough for the Cinema. I had to walk home after getting her a taxi home.

Never seen her again

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    clueless
    Agreed, I was then, at 13.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    I remember it well, I was 13 years old, in my best clothes, taking a girl I liked to the cinema.

I was trying my best to look cool - and in an attempt to impress her ordered the super giganto size popcorn and drinks at the confectionery counter, however being a gangly teen I swung round as she asked me a question and knocked the 4 litres of coke and all the popcorn on to the floor.

I stood there red faced as the cashier unsympathetically said 'you're gonna have to clean that up!'. Embarrassed I argued with him and was about to take the girl and storm off as I slipped in the mixture doing my back in, and was sliding about the floor in an attempt to get up - causing a bit of a scene.

I kid you not, that was how it happened. It was like a dodgy Adam Sandler movie..
    clueless

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    I remember it well, I was 13 years old, in my best clothes, taking a girl I liked to the cinema.

I was trying my best to look cool - and in an attempt to impress her ordered the super giganto size popcorn and drinks at the confectionery counter, however being a gangly teen I swung round as she asked me a question and knocked the 4 litres of coke and all the popcorn on to the floor.

I stood there red faced as the cashier unsympathetically said 'you're gonna have to clean that up!'. Embarrassed I argued with him and was about to take the girl and storm off as I slipped in the mixture doing my back in, and was sliding about the floor in an attempt to get up - causing a bit of a scene.

I kid you not, that was how it happened. It was like a dodgy Adam Sandler movie..

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Don't even go there!
    OK I'll leave that for you

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I'm waiting for the post about baggy and Lucy
    Don't even go there!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I'm waiting for the post about baggy and Lucy

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    My worst first date was going out with a lass, and we went out for a meal.
    I ordered a buttered chicken curry and it didn't settle too well and after the meal a loads of booze I hurled all over the place.

Still she was too pissed to notice

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Not unless he dated a chick from Leicester.

Norfolk

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You're talking about bag-o-pus aren't you?

Classic

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Not unless he dated a chick from Leicester.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I do know a girl who met someone online dating. He'd lied about his height. She was 5'10" so was looking 6'+ and this guy was 5'8" at the most. She invited him back to her place where he thought he was going to get a shag but she preceeeded to get a tape measure out and measured him.

Apparently she was a little ****ed off having been on 16 dates through the internet and them all having been a-holes.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I've never really had a bad date to be fair. Not a bad one of epic proportions anyway.

I do know a girl who met someone online dating. He'd lied about his height. She was 5'10" so was looking 6'+ and this guy was 5'8" at the most. She invited him back to her place where he thought he was going to get a shag but she preceeeded to get a tape measure out and measured him.

Apparently she was a little ****ed off having been on 16 dates through the internet and them all having been a-holes.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Thanks for spoiling my reply - I was about to make that sausage joke!
    That's okay, I'll do it.

The [promiscuous guy] even entered his dachshund in the dog show

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Is this thread about "The first date we've ever had" or just a "First Date with a particular person"?

Personally, I've never really had a nasty experience.

Can't say the same for the other person though...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X