• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Private medical

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Private medical"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    ...big snip...

Can anybody tell me about the PCG discounts on private medical insurance?
    Yes. 25% discount for BUPA.

I have the old PCG problem that I can't find out about factors that might work towards joining, unless I join first.
    Rubbish. Can you see this page?

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...387&Itemid=563

Or read the answer above?

Or you could phone them and ask.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    +1

Bupa discount linky.
    Here maybe?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    My GP seemed to assume that I would be private, he keeps thinking that I am NHS for GP but private for consultant.
    Can you get private GP's? I've been with BUPA for a while now. I see the NHS GP and, if I need a referral, I go to BUPA.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Details or linky please.
    +1

Bupa discount linky.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Have to get a consultation in a hospital. Everybody in the NHS seems to have trouble with the idea that I won't just take an appointment on a Wednesday (no, I work outside the UK), and indeed a bit miffed that I don't just do as I'm told.
    Living in England and working abroad?

You surely are taking the worst of both worlds.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Have to get a consultation in a hospital. Everybody in the NHS seems to have trouble with the idea that I won't just take an appointment on a Wednesday (no, I work outside the UK), and indeed a bit miffed that I don't just do as I'm told.

My GP seemed to assume that I would be private, he keeps thinking that I am NHS for GP but private for consultant. Maybe I need to be (or emigrate).

Can anybody tell me about the PCG discounts on private medical insurance? I have the old PCG problem that I can't find out about factors that might work towards joining, unless I join first.
    Why don't you just make a direct appointment with the consultant via their secretary? It's not generally expensive (until you need some actual treatment).

I've found AXA to be very good, and they did include pre-existing but not yet diagnosed - but this was on an employer scheme. This decision has so far cost them > 30k in the last couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Bupa do a discount for IT contractors!
    Details or linky please.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

My GP seemed to assume that I would be private, he keeps thinking that I am NHS for GP but private for consultant. Maybe I need to be (or emigrate).

Can anybody tell me about the PCG discounts on private medical insurance? I have the old PCG problem that I can't find out about factors that might work towards joining, unless I join first.
    Bupa do a discount for IT contractors!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If you paid more tax, things would be a lot better.

they spent it better

or didn't get their appointment booking systems made by EDS.

Edit: actually I lived in France for 15 years: I did pay more tax, but not a lot more, and damn me, the systems worked.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

If you paid more tax, things would be a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    The one your GP's already referred you to a consultant for
    You know! the thing with your thing

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    What pre-existing condition?
    The one your GP's already referred you to a consultant for

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    You said you had to get a consultation for something. If you go private now they will almost certainly not cover you for whatever that is.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    They usually don't cover you for pre-existing conditions.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    They usually don't cover you for pre-existing conditions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X