• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Favourite Wine - Poll"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Kadarka, you won't want any other wine after tasting it. But WTF do you get it in the UK?
    Have you tried google?
    http://www.click4abottle.net/index.p...d&productId=26

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Kadarka, you won't want any other wine after tasting it. But WTF do you get it in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    No mention of - 1787 Chateau Lafite ?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Choice in red (real wine) of only 2 varieties and 1 specific Italian appelation? No Pinot Noir or Zinfandel, or even Shiraz?
    I mentioned Pinot Noir in my reply, but since it wasn't on the list I had to choose 'Other'

Partial to a White Zinfandel, now you mention it.

Ohh... how can you narrow yourself down to just one wine anyway?
    Last edited by TheBigYinJames; 10 July 2008, 17:22.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Choice in red (real wine) of only 2 varieties and 1 specific Italian appelation? No Pinot Noir or Zinfandel, or even Shiraz?

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Anyone else a member of The Wine Society?

(aka the drunk society)

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Lots of chavs on this board. I'm amazed Lambrini isn't there.
    Blue Nun or Le Piat Dor anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
    Spiral cellar? Who the hell is gonna spend a few grand installing a spiral cellar in a recession!?! Your mate is finished. The rich already have cellars, the poor use a bonded warehouse.
    I would for a few grand, but it's more like 20.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Bit harsh!!!
    He may be right.
    If we go into recession then who can afford a wine cellar.
    My mate is doing alright at the moment though.
    Seems it is easier to fit a spiral cellar than move to a house with a cellar.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
    Your mate is finished.
    Bit harsh!!!

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    For you Barolo fans:
    Whilst working with a bunch of Italians I mentioned I liked the Barolo. They said if I liked that I would love Barbaresco and Barbera de Asti (not to be confused with spumanti). They were right. I brought about 300 quids worth home with me last time out. I cant be arsed to look up the good years, but even the bad ones are good.

For those who dont have a decent cellar try "spiral cellars". This is spam as my mate works for them. If anyone does fancy one of these then please put the business my mates way. PM me.
    Spiral cellar? Who the hell is gonna spend a few grand installing a spiral cellar in a recession!?! Your mate is finished. The rich already have cellars, the poor use a bonded warehouse.

Leave a comment:

• Ollie
    replied
    A nice chillian red

Leave a comment:

• kali
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Lots of chavs on this board. I'm amazed Lambrini isn't there.

Merlot isn't chavvy.... Can't beat a nice gothic red

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by Toastiness View Post
    Err.. wouldn't that be covered by the Chardonnay option ?

Chenin Blanc for me.
    Yes, however, the chardonnay grape covers a vast range of wines. Maybe a poll entitled, what is your favourite Chardonnay wine?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Pinotage

Leave a comment:

Working...
X