• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dorset Man demonstrates how Brazilians should behave when dealing with UK Police"

Collapse

• bobhope
    replied
    I love this bit from Wikipedia:

Result of CPS investigation

In July 2006, the Crown Prosecution Service, which like the IPCC operates independently of the Metropolitan Police, announced that it would not carry forward any charges against any individual involved in the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes. The Metropolitan Police did, however, face charges under sections 3(1) and 33(1)(a) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 for "failing to provide for the health, safety and welfare of Jean Charles de Menezes"

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Yeah, the Brazilian guy would have been better off in Brazil. Their police force has a GREAT human rights record, they never indulge in police brutality or routine murders for bribe money, no...
    Brazil is a DEVELOPING nation with huge drug and corruption problems within the police force. In fact the police frequently take matters into their own hands and act more like a gang than the police.

The UK is a DEVELOPED nation that should know better than to go shooting people on a "just in case" basis, especially within our own borders.

I'd don't mind if you want to compare yourself with the lowest for easy point scoring.

I'd prefer it if the UK was held accountable to and maintained to the highest standards possible. (might make all those f**king taxes worthwhile)

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Anyone could just go around shooting anyone with a backpack in case it's a bomb.
    Shhh, don't you realise you're informing future Labour policy?
    Also "backpack tax" and "looking a bit shifty or brown tax"

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    If you had been the officer in charge, and he did have a rucksack full of explosives - the train would have been blown up and multiple people would have died.
    True - but what is your point exactly?

The Police (and MI5, 6 etc) get paid to figure out who are the guys with the backpacks full of cemtex. If they are going to kill people, they better be pretty certain about it - from all the signs on the day, they didn't do very well.

Anyone could just go around shooting anyone with a backpack in case it's a bomb.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Sorry - by innocent I meant not carrying a rucksack full of explosives, which by my reckoning would've been one of the few excusable reasons for shooting him dead.
    If you had been the officer in charge, and he did have a rucksack full of explosives - the train would have been blown up and multiple people would have died.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    How do you know he was innocent?
    Sorry - by innocent I meant not carrying a rucksack full of explosives, which by my reckoning would've been one of the few excusable reasons for shooting him dead.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Obvious - They spent a lot of time, money and effort, and actually caught him.

See!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Because the police, the government and the independent inquiry all said so?

Troll

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    So, as an innocent man, his choices were

Be shot dead by the cops in Brazil
    Shot dead by the cops here

Hmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    8 times.

They missed with 3 shots. Must have twitched or something.

HTH.
    There probably wasn't much left to aim at...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    The home office saved some cash on the deportation though.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by kali View Post
    I thought his visa had expired?

Not whiter than white then...
    A bit severe to shoot someone eleven times in the head for allowing their visa to expire though, wouldn't you say?

Leave a comment:

• kali
    replied

Hmmmmmm
    I thought his visa had expired?

Not whiter than white then...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Yeah, the Brazilian guy would have been better off in Brazil. Their police force has a GREAT human rights record, they never indulge in police brutality or routine murders for bribe money, no...

Hmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Sounds like target practice. Perhaps they thought it was a drill at first and only found out later?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X