• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A star returns to Doctor Who"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Bizzare that Bernard Cribbins was in it, seeing as he was an assistant in the 60s movie, DR Who and the Daleks, staring Peter Cushing as Dr Who
    Not bizarre. Quite deliberate IMO. Russell T Davies is the ultimate Doctor Who geek.

I seem to recall in Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. that Cribbins blinded a dalek by putting paint on its eye. And so he did again in the last episode. And made a quip about it not working. I must watch the film again to check.

P.S. I forgot to point out that the film was "Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D." not "Dr Who and the Daleks". The latter featured Roy Castle, not Mr. Cribbins.
    Last edited by Platypus; 7 July 2008, 11:29.

Leave a comment:

• Scaroth of the Jagaroth
    replied
    Weren't you played by that bad guy in Indiana Jones and the last crusade?

Julian Glover I think
    Oh yes. I was also one of the bad guys in The Empire Strikes Back and For Your Eyes Only.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Julian Glover I think
    Clary

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Scaroth of the Jagaroth View Post
    Yes, me. I was played by a proper actor and everything. Plus my lines were written by Douglas Adams so beat that!

Julian Glover I think

Leave a comment:

• Scaroth of the Jagaroth
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master View Post
    Oi, calm down lads. There's only real Dr Who villain here and we all know who he is.
    Yes, me. I was played by a proper actor and everything. Plus my lines were written by Douglas Adams so beat that!

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master View Post
    Oi, calm down lads. There's only real Dr Who villain here and we all know who he is.
    You can shut it you beardy weirdy.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyber Controller View Post
    Do ya wanna make somefink of it, pepperpot?

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Supreme View Post

Good work chaps, keep it up. I'm not very happy about those ne'er do well Cybermen being the stars of the next Christmas special though.
    Do ya wanna make somefink of it, pepperpot?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Tennant is in until 2010 (series 5) at least, I'm so, so sorry.

But Steven Moffat (Empty Child/Doctor Dances/The Girl in the Fireplace/Blink/Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead) replaces Davies as head writer and executive producer in series 5, so I expect significant improvement in the scripts.

I thought tate was unexpectedly quite good.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by A shed load of Daleks View Post
    That was us

Good work chaps, keep it up. I'm not very happy about those ne'er do well Cybermen being the stars of the next Christmas special though.

Leave a comment:

• Davros
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Dalek View Post
    Youze 'aving a larf mate
    Too right, I was the star of the show, always have been.

Leave a comment:

• A shed load of Daleks
    replied
    I'm sure I saw you in one of the crowd scenes. Non-speaking role though so extras pay only for you.
    That was us

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Dalek View Post
    Hmmph we wuz left on the cutting room floor

Is it cuz we is Black?
    I'm sure I saw you in one of the crowd scenes. Non-speaking role though so extras pay only for you.

Leave a comment:

• Black Dalek
    replied
    Although I am loathe to praise one of the Doctor's secret weapons I thought Catherine Tate gave the best companion performance since the original Sarah Jane.
    Youze 'aving a larf mate

Leave a comment:

• Black Dalek
    replied
    Hmmph we wuz left on the cutting room floor

Is it cuz we is Black?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X