• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone want some chillies?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Good work, fella.
    Thanks for the eyeliner tip, it worked a treat...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Churchill's tip.

Dragging a girl to bed with a bottle of baby oil takes your mind right off the chillies.

Good work, fella.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you got something on your mind this morning doggy

**** yes!

Anyway, off for a shower.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Churchill's tip.

Dragging a girl to bed with a bottle of baby oil takes your mind right off the chillies.
    you got something on your mind this morning doggy

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Wobbegong's top tip; Rubbing some oil (cooking, not motor) into your fingers prior to chopping chillies prevents their juices soaking into the skin.
    Churchill's tip.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Wobbegong's top tip; Rubbing some oil (cooking, not motor) into your fingers prior to chopping chillies prevents their juices soaking into the skin.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    well I am a bit embarrassed and its all your fault.
    I asked the missus what 'Syphon the Python' meant. She said 'well honey I think its the same thing as when you 'squirm the worm'

I meant have a jimmy, not a pot noodle!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    What the hell did that post have to do with sex?
    well I am a bit embarrassed and its all your fault.
    I asked the missus what 'Syphon the Python' meant. She said 'well honey I think its the same thing as when you 'squirm the worm'

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    the missus grows chilles. When they are about two inches long(like now) she picks them, nicks the stem with a knife, then hangs them on a cotton 'cutain rail.
    After two weeks she takes them off, grinds them in a pestle, adds water then puts the mixture into an ice cube tray. Whenever she cooks anything requiring chille, she adds a chille ice cube.

What the hell did that post have to do with sex?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    the missus grows chilles. When they are about two inches long(like now) she picks them, nicks the stem with a knife, then hangs them on a cotton 'cutain rail.
    After two weeks she takes them off, grinds them in a pestle, adds water then puts the mixture into an ice cube tray. Whenever she cooks anything requiring chille, she adds a chille ice cube.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I once had some chillies brought by an indian colleague that had a deep fried crunchy texture. A real taste explosion. I've never managed to duplicate them in our kitchen though.

Have you tried making chilli vodka? Drink ice cold very very carefully.

And should you find that you've got chilli on your fingers whiles having a slash, chilli oil is soluble in alcohol, so a dip in beer, wine, vodka (not chilli vodka) should be more effective than milk or yoghurt.
    Alcohol stings my willy! An ex liked baileys...

I'll remember your tip for the next time I decide to do something so rash...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I once had some chillies brought by an indian colleague that had a deep fried crunchy texture. A real taste explosion. I've never managed to duplicate them in our kitchen though.

Have you tried making chilli vodka? Drink ice cold very very carefully.

And should you find that you've got chilli on your fingers whiles having a slash, chilli oil is soluble in alcohol, so a dip in beer, wine, vodka (not chilli vodka) should be more effective than milk or yoghurt.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Wouldn't mind a few chillies - or a plant so I can splice it into more of them - I have a surfeit of Basil to exchange.
    I'd be happy to stick some seeds in the post, this variety seems very easy to grow from seed!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Thought I was back on that bleedin chefs forum again

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I think I told you before, I got a mate of mine to chop my chillies. His future wife was non too happy after he went in for a bout of bean flicking later. She said it was a nice tingle at first then the tingle grew. By the time it got to be OH MY GOD it was far too late. She has never forgiven me, particularly as I pissed myself laughing and remind her of it regularly.

I have dried chillies before. I was surprised by how easy they were to grow too. Just put the oven on low and wedged the door slightly open. Kept for a long time. I have also made chilli oil

Leave a comment:

Working...
X