• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Security Clearance - SC - what is checked?"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by martin-w View Post
    So if, hypothetically speaking, the permanent job required experience of product X and you had experience of product Y but knew you could pick up X no bother so got a bit 'creative' in the CV this would be found out?
    No - the reference only asks if you know the person concerned, for how long and if you have any doubts about them (can't remember the exact details, but a business associate and I vouched for each other - perfectly correctly) the form I had to complete wasn't that detailed, so wouldn't have revealed any creative CV stuff.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    They do a full check of your internet browsing history based on your internet provider's logs too. So bear that in mind.
    That's why I use my neighbours wireless network for that kind of surfing...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    They do a full check of your internet browsing history based on your internet provider's logs too. So bear that in mind.
    Oh tulip...

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    When I did this recently the security checks were made to the agencies not the client co (about 6 in the last 5 years). So they would have no idea about your skills other than what it says on your CV. When asked, they said that they never get references returned from client co's so they never bother.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    So if, hypothetically speaking, the permanent job required experience of product X and you had experience of product Y but knew you could pick up X no bother so got a bit 'creative' in the CV this would be found out?

they already know....

Leave a comment:

• martin-w
    replied
    Ok - many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    I don't think they go into this sort of detail. It'll be a security officer who does the reference checks, and it'll be based purely on your attendance, disciplinary records etc, not on technical experience. The security officer won't know (or care) about the specifics of the job, just that you were trustworthy.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Why do I have a feeling this is all going to end in tears.....

Leave a comment:

• martin-w
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Hi

Does 'SC' level security clearance just a check of who you are and if you are flagged as a criminal or otherwise dodgy character on various databases or does it involve a reference check at previous employers as well? Just wondering what it does/doesn't cover.

Thanks in advance
    Yes they will require previous employers to give references. They asked me for contact details of all my employers in the last 5 years and I was only going for BC+ And they did indeed request a reference from the ones I asked about it later.

Leave a comment:

• martin-w
    started a topic Security Clearance - SC - what is checked?

Security Clearance - SC - what is checked?

Hi

Does 'SC' level security clearance just a check of who you are and if you are flagged as a criminal or otherwise dodgy character on various databases or does it involve a reference check at previous employers as well? Just wondering what it does/doesn't cover.

Thanks in advance

Working...
X