• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Health and Safety Warning"

Collapse

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Aha WS! you think you are a serious rival in the totally idiotic and pointless threads contest eh? No chance! You will give way to the master!

PS What is this amateurish drivel you are peddling about nervous breakdowns??? During my last seven I have never deviated from the view that everything I have ever done has been utterly meaningless crap!
    What do you mean, pointless? I was concerned for the safety of my fellow posters. Shoes are dangerous. Stop this menace before it spreads

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Did you get my PM this morning?
    I did, thanks. Sorry, just a bit slow checking messages and replying (actually had some work to do yesterday ). Well there's a first time for everything

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Aha WS! you think you are a serious rival in the totally idiotic and pointless threads contest eh? No chance! You will give way to the master!

PS What is this amateurish drivel you are peddling about nervous breakdowns??? During my last seven I have never deviated from the view that everything I have ever done has been utterly meaningless crap!
    Last edited by xoggoth; 10 August 2005, 21:02.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Did you get my PM this morning?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I only watch the clock to make sure the invoice is correctly prepared.
    Thanks, Lucifer. You're a top pimp

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    Mmmmh, I think I know what's next:

Labour to pass stringent anti-flip flops laws

Tony Blair has revealed a plan to add extra officers on Britain's beaches to nab "dangerous flip flop drivers". An extra £5bn will be made available to police forces in Devon, Cornwall and South Wales to provide extra manpower. Flip-flop cameras will be installed on any car park that is located under 200 yards of a beach and police will have powers to stop the vehicle, impound the vehicle and issue a £350 on-the-spot fine.

:::

Additional reporting by Rebecca Loos, Newquay.
    LOL. Excellent Becs - you got the tone of that bang-on, just how they report these stupid initiatives

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by WageSlave
    Ask Lucifer Box; he'll vouch for me. He usually watches when I go dogging. And of course, you can always ask DCJ's mum. She knows everyone on this board.
    I only watch the clock to make sure the invoice is correctly prepared.

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    I guess the only proof I can get is witnesses. Got any references?
    Ask Lucifer Box; he'll vouch for me. He usually watches when I go dogging. And of course, you can always ask DCJ's mum. She knows everyone on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    I guess the only proof I can get is witnesses. Got any references?

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Mmmm - I need proof that you can perform said pelvis thrust
    What proof would you like?

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Mmmm - I need proof that you can perform said pelvis thrust

Leave a comment:

• WageSlave
    replied
    Jez, if you can get me an orgasm like that, I do volunteer!
    Okay, Beccy, let's advance science

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Mmmmh, I think I know what's next:

Labour to pass stringent anti-flip flops laws

Tony Blair has revealed a plan to add extra officers on Britain's beaches to nab "dangerous flip flop drivers". An extra £5bn will be made available to police forces in Devon, Cornwall and South Wales to provide extra manpower. Flip-flop cameras will be installed on any car park that is located under 200 yards of a beach and police will have powers to stop the vehicle, impound the vehicle and issue a £350 on-the-spot fine.

"Flip-flop drivers are the most dangerous and selfish drivers at the moment" claims Cornwall Police Chief Imar Idmycousin, "and I fully intend to protect the public at large by stopping this dangerous trend before it develops. This could be the new drink driving."

Road safety campaigners have called for more cameras on the road to catch this new breed of drivers. Gordon Brown has promised to set aside £5bn for developing a satellite system that would track the movement of any flip-flops sold in Britain. The system would be financed by a flip-flop tax collected at every beach gate in addition to a special tax issued on IT contractors who in the Treasury's opinion "are the highest flip-flop users in the country"

Additional reporting by Rebecca Loos, Newquay.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    The Sun also says that German researchers revealed last year that 14 out of 25 pairs of flip flops they studied contained toxic chemicals known to lower sperm count in men and attack the liver, kidneys and reproductive organs.
    You're not supposed to eat the feckers!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    and watch out for those flip flops too

Warning: Your Flip Flops Could Kill You Wearing trendy flip flops could kill you, according to new research.The fashionable footwear - ideal for the beach in hot weather - are putting the lives of road users at risk.Three in every four motorists have admitted they find it hard to drive in flip flops and road safety experts have warned that wearing the sandals in the car could be a lethal decision.

Researchers claim a flip flop, worn by millions, can easily get stuck under the pedals and cause a fatal accident, The Sun says.

Craig Martin, spokesman for Norwich Union who carried out the poll, told the newspaper: "Footwear such as flip flops are dangerous as the sole can get caught under a pedal.

"The absence of ankle support can lead to the foot slipping off the pedal altogether."

Leigh Purves, gossip columnist for the Daily Star, is among those to have had a close call while driving with designer flip flops.

She has told how, while travelling on the M1, her sandal got stuck under the brake pedal and she missed another car "by millimetres".

The Sun also says that German researchers revealed last year that 14 out of 25 pairs of flip flops they studied contained toxic chemicals known to lower sperm count in men and attack the liver, kidneys and reproductive organs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X