• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is the pacific bigger than the Atlantic?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Thought so. I've not noticed a whole thread get pulled from the face of CUK before. Homosexuality seems to be a bit of a sensitive area.
    Hairy Arse Bloke may have a few tips. Have you asked him?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Is there a programmer in the house?

Code:
    File  Edit  View  Search  Run  Debug  Calls  Options                   Help
    ------------------------------- Untitled -------------------------------¦+
      Ocean1$ = "pacific"
      Ocean2$ = "Atlantic"

IF Ocean1$ > Ocean2$ THEN
          PRINT Ocean1$; " is bigger than "; Ocean2$; "."
      ELSEIF Ocean1$ = Ocean2$ THEN
          PRINT Ocean1$; " is the same size as "; Ocean2$; "."
      ELSE
          PRINT Ocean2$; " is bigger than "; Ocean1$; "."
      END IF
    Code:
    C:\QB45>qbasic
    pacific is bigger than Atlantic.

Press any key to continue
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    befreft of life, it rests in peace.
    it is an ex-thread.
    that thread is no more
    it has shuffled off its mortal coil.

its been pulled.

Thought so. I've not noticed a whole thread get pulled from the face of CUK before. Homosexuality seems to be a bit of a sensitive area.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    It would have an atmosphere quick enough if you poured an ocean onto it Not considered Hull as a possibility, do you think they would mind if we poured the contents of the pacific onto Hull?

p.s. what happened to the gay thread?
    befreft of life, it rests in peace.
    it is an ex-thread.
    that thread is no more
    it has shuffled off its mortal coil.

its been pulled.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    its a good theory timberwolf, but the moon has no atmosphere, not a decent bird within a quarter of a million miles, no sign of a decent pint.
    Why not go to Hull instead ?

It would have an atmosphere quick enough if you poured an ocean onto it Not considered Hull as a possibility, do you think they would mind if we poured the contents of the pacific onto Hull?

p.s. what happened to the gay thread?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    After billions of years for sure, but I'm not looking that far ahead. I think we might get some nice clouds if not actual rain in the shorter term. I think it's believed there is water on the Moon but locked in ice crystals in craters that never receive sunlight. I would take a bucket of water with me if I went to the Moon and pour it into a slightly less shady part of the crater and see if I could make a little river. I would prefer to use a whole ocean though
    its a good theory timberwolf, but the moon has no atmosphere, not a decent bird within a quarter of a million miles, no sign of a decent pint.
    Why not go to Hull instead ?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    After billions of years for sure, but I'm not looking that far ahead. I think we might get some nice clouds if not actual rain in the shorter term. I think it's believed there is water on the Moon but locked in ice crystals in craters that never receive sunlight. I would take a bucket of water with me if I went to the Moon and pour it into a slightly less shady part of the crater and see if I could make a little river. I would prefer to use a whole ocean though

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Obpuzzle, would evaporated moon ocean water fall as rain or escape into space?
    The fact that the Moon has no water might offer a clue as to the correct answer

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    They both have a greater surface area than the Moon, therefore I think we should flood the moon with one of them. This will also make available more land on Earth. Which ocean to use though?

Obpuzzle, would evaporated moon ocean water fall as rain or escape into space? We might at least create some nice lunar lakes with fish and stuff in them?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Nope, Africa is bigger. At a rough guess I'd say Greenland is about the size of Chile, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay combined.

I may be out by a few centimetres though.
    why isn't it called Argentinaguay ??

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Is that the same map that makes Greenland look as large as Africa?
    T
    Nope, Africa is bigger. At a rough guess I'd say Greenland is about the size of Chile, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay combined.

I may be out by a few centimetres though.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    I have a map of the world above my desk.

Using science™, I can see that the Pacific is a good couple of inches wider than the Atlantic.
    Science!!

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Is that the same map that makes Greenland look as large as Africa?

T

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I have a map of the world above my desk.

Using science™, I can see that the Pacific is a good couple of inches wider than the Atlantic.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    There's just less land in the pacific, it only LOOKS bigger...the atlantic's huge but europe and asia get in the way so it looks smaller...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X