• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wimbledon Day One..."

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    He got thumped. Ouch.
    He did indeed. He needs to learn a little humility imho anyway.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Hope nobody put money on djokovic....
    He got thumped. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Hope nobody put money on djokovic....

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    board vigilante job very seriously arent you.
    bored

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Give it a rest, tay.
    You could have chosen not to reply......

I chose to reply to your post directed at me... you are taking your board vigilante job very seriously arent you.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Havent you got some Lucy defending to be doing?I am sure you can find a post somewhere that annoys you when some big meanie says something about your beloved.
    Give it a rest, tay.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied

True colours etc...
    Havent you got some Lucy defending to be doing?I am sure you can find a post somewhere that annoys you when some big meanie says something about your beloved.

I am going to Wimbledon on Friday, got some centre court tickets through my LTA membership. Should be nice.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Yeah, saw that forecast unfortunately. Very annoying. If it rains I hope it rains for a whole week non-stop so they make more of the second week available to the public like they did a few years ago.
    Yep, roll-on a third Monday.
    I'll most definitely be taking that day off should it happen, and be in the queue from Sunday afternoon.

Have you heard that there's only one queue this year? Strange - hope it's not the South one, otherwise we'll be into Wimbledon Common - and all the best tickets will go to those camped at the side of the road.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Anyway, back on topic - anyone else going this year? OS - apparently the weather's going to hold until the weekend, so it's shorts, T-shirt and brolly weather again.
    Yeah, saw that forecast unfortunately. Very annoying. If it rains I hope it rains for a whole week non-stop so they make more of the second week available to the public like they did a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Anyway, back on topic - anyone else going this year? OS - apparently the weather's going to hold until the weekend, so it's shorts, T-shirt and brolly weather again.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Dodgy.. you really take all the fun out of things

True colours etc...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I think so - she's teaching me, but the most effective thing she said was 'keep your eye on the ball'. I keep looking across court to where I want the ball to go, just before hitting it into the net. It is good playing against someone way better than you, gives you a goal to aim for.
    Not exactly a sport, but I have been playing boardgames then computer games for close on thirty years, I am talking serious games , not fun games. I entered a couple of national championships in the eighties and did well. So I took the missus to the mind Olympiad a couple of years ago in London, we played a game called Carcasonne(which is a semi fun game) and I was pontificating for weeks on how she should handle the game and the competition.

She came away with a trophy and I got fck-all squared

hey ho

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Its that 20% that just takes enough off the contractors pay to make the money not quite enough to have fun with

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    On the contrary, I would regard a man who has no problem with his wife being better than him at sport or earning more money than him as being considerably stronger than the drippy insecure macho man who has to win everything.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    If you dont make any posts directed at me, I am sure you will be fine, it is pretty easy really. But we both know you wont be capable of that.
    Ah, check it. Hey Tay! Tay!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X