• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you like some cake?"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    As of next week I've got a gig to do 30 days work over 3 months lined up (still need to see the shiny contract sparkle in my hands).

What a gig, what timing. Hope you get it fella.

Good to hear Mrs OG is doing well.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    user requirements...

Good attitude - Mrs OG bearing up well? Must be interesting being on 'standby' all day, and provide the perfect excuse to leave the office randomly...
    Mrs OG is doing splendidly. We went swimming on Sunday and she managed to do 40 lengths significantly faster than me.

Unfortunately, my client site is a considerable distance away from home so I can't even get in today - having to work from home office instead. As of next week I've got a gig to do 30 days work over 3 months lined up (still need to see the shiny contract sparkle in my hands).

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    No point trying to define user requirements up front - see what's delivered and be grateful for it.
    user requirements...

Good attitude - Mrs OG bearing up well? Must be interesting being on 'standby' all day, and provide the perfect excuse to leave the office randomly...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Marvellous! All sorted, decorated the 'nursery' that used to be your study, and all that yet? Boy or girl?
    Moved house (sold and now renting in case there is any residual interest in the housing market on CUK), so got a bigger place. All sorted out, and it's a surprise. No point trying to define user requirements up front - see what's delivered and be grateful for it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    A job in software development beckons...
    How did you know?

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    2 days overdue on a 9 month schedule - that's not bad.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Congratulations! Been married 3 years now and it's great. 1st baby is now 2 days overdue.
    Marvellous! All sorted, decorated the 'nursery' that used to be your study, and all that yet? Boy or girl?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Congratulations! Been married 3 years now and it's great. 1st baby is now 2 days overdue.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm not sure it ever did. The computer crashed. We'll have to start a new one.
    Oh, I'm married now, which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Hey - how are you doing? How did the rpg with the Crow and Fat Man end up?
    I'm not sure it ever did. The computer crashed. We'll have to start a new one.
    Oh, I'm married now, which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

Welcome back, Chief Goat Blower!
    Hey - how are you doing? How did the rpg with the Crow and Fat Man end up?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    No one’s said pot noodle yet..

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Not since you stole it sweetie

I'm glad you are back!!!
    Don't think you can get round me like that.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    She has a heart?

There have been some changes around here.

Welcome back, Chief Goat Blower!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Spending quality time with some banana's, a tub of cream and some toffee?
    Never thought of it like that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X