• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What do you do for a living?"

Collapse

• GiGo
    replied
    No 'I'm a Roller Blader' and village people look alike?

Crusty sock puppet option is also missing.
    Looks like we have to go back to The Question.. or is that the Hypothesis.. Assumption whatever

Originally Posted by MarillionFan :
    Its a great idea if there were any real contractors on the board, but most are just permies, chancers, accountants, agents and shop keepers.
    To which the Answer is False, not 42

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    other options

No 'I'm a Roller Blader' and village people look alike?

Crusty sock puppet option is also missing.

Leave a comment:

• GiGo
    replied
    42 votes and so we have The Answer.

.. mostly IT Contractors and not many shopkeepers MF! Surprisingly, not many Agents either..

Maybe we can rerun this in the autumn when more people are around.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
    Would that be "other" or "chancer"?
    I'm a Real IT Contractor - of course...

Leave a comment:

• Darren@UptonAccountants
    replied
    Jobs

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    Of course. Although I couldn't find the option "Rich Bitch's Plaything" I chose something appropriate...

Would that be "other" or "chancer"?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
    C'mon then Spod, have you voted yet?
    Of course. Although I couldn't find the option "Rich Bitch's Plaything" I chose something appropriate...

Leave a comment:

• Darren@UptonAccountants
    replied
    Jobs

C'mon then Spod, have you voted yet?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    Although I work in IT, I didn't think this board is solely for IT contractors – though the majority are- , the title of the board is Contractor UK, not IT Contractor UK... Hence the question should be: are you question should be are you supplying your services as an independent contractor or through the permanent employment route? The speciality and capacity that contractors are supplying their services should not matter, for this board covers all contractors’ specialities and capacities.
    Sandy, read the title properly - "Contractor UK - The IT Contractor Portal"

Spod - In "It's about time you went to Specsavers" mode!

Leave a comment:

• steve
    replied
    trainman

Im a Locomotive Engineer from Cincinnati Ohio

Leave a comment:

• GiGo
    replied
    Looks like I really needed about 20 options.. but then polls only support at most 10.

Leave a comment:

• GiGo
    replied
    Nope, neither is there an option for "tedious boring bastard with extreme religious views"!
    For my sins I was very tempted I must admit

Edit : I want a halo smilie
    Last edited by GiGo; 8 August 2005, 23:51.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Although I work in IT, I didn't think this board is solely for IT contractors – though the majority are- , the title of the board is Contractor UK, not IT Contractor UK... Hence the question should be: are you question should be are you supplying your services as an independent contractor or through the permanent employment route? The speciality and capacity that contractors are supplying their services should not matter, for this board covers all contractors’ specialities and capacities.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    >I'm just a Chancer looking for a quick buck

ffairly close

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Nope, neither is there an option for "tedious boring bastard with extreme religious views"!
    Ahh I see Spod why you have not voted then.

Boom boom.
    Last edited by Chico; 8 August 2005, 19:31.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    I see there is no option for Consultants who facilitate business change and in the process save companies millions when advice is taken ... eventually

Leave a comment:

Working...
X