• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The official CUK Glastonbury 2008 thread"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Just found the clip:

http://www.nme.com/news/jay-z/37799

Gotta get this in perspective, there were a lot of sceptical people there. Then he does this clip as a lead up and they're laughing and cheering him on then lights, action: jay-z, in a chair, playing wonderwall - that was pretty special!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    where did you camp snaw?

I was up on Hitchin Hill but spent far too much time in Trash City and Green Fields which I know makes no sense..
    Strangly enough hitchin hill ...

Spent most of it on west side, either at John Peel tent or dance tents ...

Highlights, dunno just walking around off me tits and getting the scale of it all. F cuk me it's massive!

Jay-Z's first 10 mins were awesome (No one on telly got to see the first clip bit - that was feckin unbelievable) though I pretty much avoided the main stage apart from that; Courteeners, Franz Ferdinand's surprise show in the park stage, Balkan beat box, sneaky sound system, holy ****. Lots of other good stuff.

I'm a big jimmy cliff fan and he was pants (Saw him at womad a few years ago and he's faded a fair bit in the interim - took him ages to get out on stage, band had to keep coaxing him).

Actually weirdest highlight was sat night in the silent disco near park, not other one - go into a tent and get headphones, two channels, two DJ's streaming live back to Holland playing everything and anything. Be like dancing away and hear a big shout and flick channels and other DJ would be banging something brilliant out. Then take em off and it's silent, just watching people dance with headphones on - genius!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I think Cohen (yay Canada!) did not agree to any TV or radio coverage of his UK tour, so I think that's why he wasn't on. I watched Buddy Guy - who I have always liked. Eddy Grant was a bit average. Jay-Z put me in awe, he really was good. But I really liked Crowded House.

My wife now wants to attend next year. this is a woman who hasn't taken a step into the back garden in two years. She really has put her foot in her mouth this time...as I have agreed to book tickets as soon as they are available.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    The only thing I saw on the TV broadcast (didn't see Cohen) that was worth watching was Jimmy Cliff. As with Cohen, another pensioner holding the audience in the palm of his hand. Some of the new "talent" I saw (The Cribs etc) were just a complete waste of space.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeGregan
    replied
    Did anyone else catch Leonard Cohen? That was the surprise standout for me, 72 year old holding the crowd in the palm of his hand.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Twas a good weekend. Raconteurs and Kings of Leon V V good. Spent much time at the G Stage too. The most apt smilie I can find is

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    where did you camp snaw?

I was up on Hitchin Hill but spent far too much time in Trash City and Green Fields which I know makes no sense..

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I think at some point today I officially passed my longest ever hangover.

Was worth it though ...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I hope you have someway to identify your tent, either smell or visual. Nothing worse than trying to find a eurohike tent in a field full of them. Especially if the field was half empty when you put it up!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Offski to sit in a traffic jam for the rest of the day - can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Changes by the hour it seems, but generally it's ok (REad some onesite reports, and been a wee bit this morning but nothing heavy and now it's clear).

When is everyone going down there?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Rain on each day, but not heavy apparently.

http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/sto...287182,00.html

bbc weather has been different each day so I don't put much sway on that.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Which weather report to believe:

Rain:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp

or cloudy and sun:

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/fore...208AE&metric=1

HTF Can two reports be so different?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Can someone explain their appeal to me.

They have cheeky girls (I know it's only one female) written all over them. Or is there some clever irony that I don't get cos I'm old(ish)?
    Its kind of wierd, I'm not that into the music, but the songs are catchy, and I think that it will "go off" in the tent when they play. More what I expect the atmosphere to be like rather than going for the musical talent. Sometimes you just get bands like that. Know what I mean?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    So, anyone else going?

Looking forward to Elbow, Raconteurs and the Ting Tings. Oh, and also spending a disproportional amount of time in the dance tent
    Can someone explain their appeal to me.

They have cheeky girls (I know it's only one female) written all over them. Or is there some clever irony that I don't get cos I'm old(ish)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X