• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: CUK summer do?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK summer do?"

Collapse

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Regrettably, yes.
    Fair play to you for not rising to it.
    Lucy:
    Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Yeah, I know, a classic case of do as I say, not what I do...
    <dons 'holier than thou, knight in shining armour' halo>
    Yes, yes, I think we could all learn a lot from that, dear boy.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yeah, I know, a classic case of do as I say, not what I do...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    He's whinging. He should just ignore her.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I think it was appropriate for him to respond like that - and he hasn't risen to it in a bad way at all, just making a point IMO.
    He's whinging. He should just ignore her.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Well, you could be a real man and ignore her ramblings. You must've done something to attract such attention.
    I think it was appropriate for him to respond like that - and he hasn't risen to it in a bad way at all, just making a point IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I've said nothing since my offer to not react, but can you see the problem here?

(above from a newer thread)

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ho-should.html
    Well, you could be a real man and ignore her ramblings. You must've done something to attract such attention.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I've said nothing since my offer to not react, but can you see the problem here?
    Regrettably, yes.
    Fair play to you for not rising to it.
    Lucy:

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Of course you have. I probably haven't read the threads where this has happened. Nonetheless, it doesn't do anyone any favours to extend the abuse outside that thread. All I'm seeing is out-of-context flaming, which isn't very healthy.

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    I think it should be pisbag because he is so intelligent, reasonable and witty.

(above from a newer thread)

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ho-should.html
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 June 2008, 12:26.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Would have been better if you hadnt even replied. You are not serious about stopping you just wanted the last word.. and to be call me yet another name.

Notice I am not going to call you a name, learn from it.
    You're a very angry person Tay. Some deep seated issue I've no doubt, got picked last for rugby or something, but I don't really care. Lucy and her detractors seemd to have sorted it out till you decided to get back on your high horse, but anyway this topic FYI is clearly about a summer do - feel free to come along and abuse us all in person, as is your wont, or not.

I'll forgive you and even buy you a beer, take the piss out of your kiwi chokey thing and see if you really do have any sense of humour.

So back on topic - we seem to have a decent selection of pubs, almost all of them are good venues - anyone fancy doing a pub poll?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    OK, this post is in danger of being lost amongst the handbagging, but can I make a few of points,

1. Location - The City would be fantastic for me (Anchor - it has just had a major refurbishment, Borough High Street, Islington), I don't mind the West End. The West Country presents more of a challenge for me to get home, although if I am sufficiently out of it (and I probably will be), that won't matter.

2. You would be surprised to find out that everyone's real life persona is exactly the same as they are on here. Which is why the snidy ones won't turn up.

3. I would have lost a day's billing if the last one had been mid week (some of us are not as young as we once were). I know people that work in London like to disappear back to the sticks at the weekend, but you need to consider the ones that have to travel to London, and hopefully there will be some.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Could we please finish this here?

Don't respond to tay, or to me, let's just leave it.

He's a troll and he's doing his best to start an argument.

Stop.
    Would have been better if you hadnt even replied. You are not serious about stopping you just wanted the last word.. and to be call me yet another name.

Notice I am not going to call you a name, learn from it.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Stop.
    Oops.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    You kidding???

If you cant see how mentioning other posters by name and then criticising their posts isnt aggresive you need a realitycheck. I didn't insult you at all. I dont like name calling. Unlike Lucy who called me a twat today on a number of occasions...(and clapped and quoted when someone else did) where were you then?
    No, I'm not kidding. I can see how it's perfectly possible to criticise someone without being aggressive, can you? I thought that's what I was doing, you obviously have a different opinion.
    It's unfortunate that people have been calling you names, tay, and this whole conversation could have been triggered by me seeing you getting flamed, but it wasn't you I saw first, and I wasn't there then because I don't read all the threads, and I'm not omniscient, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied

Stop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X