• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fuel Strikes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fuel Strikes"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Forthright!
    thick puppy

EO = firstright
    Lucy = secondright
    Bagpuss = thirdright
    thickpuppy = forthright

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They won't need any until the internal combustion engine penetrates that far. Well, unless there's a cider shortage.
    "But Doctor, will I still be able to play the piano after the operation?"
    "Of course."
    "That's good, 'cos I can't now."

It hadn't dawned on my to ask if they had ever had petrol in the past.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    There seems to be no petrol to be had anywhere around Taunton. According to my colleagues.
    They won't need any until the internal combustion engine penetrates that far. Well, unless there's a cider shortage.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    The bloke who's been sat opposite me for a week has, along with his wife, been topping up his car every other day "in case there's a fuel shortage caused by those panic buyers". Tw@t! he's deadly serious about it.

He's a Contractor by the way!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    There seems to be no petrol to be had anywhere around Taunton. According to my colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What is the right word for Churchill?
    Forthright!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Peoplesoft it doesn't matter if I was wrong about most foreign cars having the pump on the drivers side, many do, but the point I was making is there is no need to queue for ages for a pump on the filler side.

I was trying to be helpful, but at times like this I wonder, why do I bother with this anally retentive site?
    That's very laudable of you, but I cannot imagine that anyone who reads or posts on here wouldn't have thought of it.

Of course it doesn't matter if you were wrong about which cars have the filler on which side; I just have an aversion to stuff that people have made up being posted as fact - hence, for example I get fed up of people claiming that Thatcher cut taxes (which isn't true) - I just can't help it.

Leave a comment:

• Kinvara
    replied
    So you want him to be all pointy like a needle?

I still think you have the wrong word.
    Pointy like a p-r-i-c-k.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

What is the right word for Churchill?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtuse

2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.

I just want Churchill to say what he thinks!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Obtuse? Did you mean 'obscure'?
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtuse

2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.

I just want Churchill to say what he thinks!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I do wish you woulod not be so obtuse - why not say what you think?
    Obtuse? Did you mean 'obscure'?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I disagree with almost everything you post. You know **** all about anything. To make matters worse, you try and sound authoritative which makes you out to be an even bigger tit when you're proven wrong.

Next question.
    I do wish you woulod not be so obtuse - why not say what you think?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The bad news is I've just bought the farm down the road...
    Will you move your local pikeys to there?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It works with large saloon cars, and you dont have to have the nossle upside down unless you park miles away or have a gargantuan car. I did it yesterday in a mondeo sized car when there were long queues but empty pumps.

Peoplesoft it doesn't matter if I was wrong about most foreign cars having the pump on the drivers side, many do, but the point I was making is there is no need to queue for ages for a pump on the filler side.

I was trying to be helpful, but at times like this I wonder, why do I bother with this anally retentive site?
    Doesn't work with an Orion, at least not at Sainsbury's

Leave a comment:

Working...
X