• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How offensive is the word 'pikey'?"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    pikeys, tinkers, knackers, gypos - pick one
    It's odd that there are all these different words for them.

Where I come from we use the words "cackers" and "diddicai". Do you think they would be considered less offensive?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    How offensive is the BBC using our TV license money wasting time writing such an article?
    licence

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    That's 'cos everyone hates pikeys but we're not allowed to say so any more.

Despite them all being violent, dirty, thieving scroungers, for some reason we can't say so. Although we pay for the road signs they steal for scrap, we pay for the free council services they get, we pay for the damage the cause, yet we're not allowed to say we think they are robbers and don't deserve what they're given.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    How's about this one...

South Cambs Council have cancelled the free school bus that goes around the outlying villages.

However, they still lay on a free bus for the pikeys.
    I am starting o regret starting this thread!

Gosh you do go on about these pi*eys!

You wouldn't catch me going on and on about a particular subject!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    See if you can pick up a WWII flamethrower on ebay, go "postal". Jobs a good-un.

Go on. Do it.

Pikeys trashed a beautiful house in Aston Clinton a matter days. Stripped it down to the brickwork they did.
    They were looking for the caravan

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    See if you can pick up a WWII flamethrower on ebay, go "postal". Jobs a good-un.

This post is a joke and in no way is meant to be taken literally...

Go on. Do it.

Pikeys trashed a beautiful house in Aston Clinton a matter days. Stripped it down to the brickwork they did.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Not at all, there are occurences on a weekly basis where the pikeys kick off in one local pub or another.

They've been barred from all the pubs in Cottenham and all 7 pubs in Histon!

This post is a joke and in no way is meant to be taken literally...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    How's about this one...

South Cambs Council have cancelled the free school bus that goes around the outlying villages.

Out of order...fookin pikeys!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    ...while they spend their "hard earned" giros on beer!!! FFS!!!
    How's about this one...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    ...while they spend their "hard earned" giros on beer!!! FFS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Yes, I remember such a case in that documentary about gangsters in London (Snatch, I think it was called)
    Not at all, there are occurences on a weekly basis where the pikeys kick off in one local pub or another.

They've been barred from all the pubs in Cottenham and all 7 pubs in Histon!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Have they **** as like!

I'll tell you one thing, they don't like people standing up to them.

The problem round my neck of the woods is that the yokels are all soft b*stards. All the traveller trouble could've been sorted without "Police involvement" - by which I mean it's not the Pikeys that get arrested when things do kick off!
    Yes, I remember such a case in that documentary about gangsters in London (Snatch, I think it was called)

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/4340567.stm

that was 3 years ago.

have they gone yet?
    Have they **** as like!

I'll tell you one thing, they don't like people standing up to them.

The problem round my neck of the woods is that the yokels are all soft b*stards. All the traveller trouble could've been sorted without "Police involvement" - by which I mean it's not the Pikeys that get arrested when things do kick off!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I live in Cottenham, Google that and "Travellers"...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/4340567.stm

that was 3 years ago.

have they gone yet?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Nobody likes travellers, that's the point. What is the point of having inoffensive expressions for people we WANT to offend?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X