• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Luxury flats in Poole for rent - £75/week"

Collapse

• pisces
    replied
    Pffft. Serious lack of ambition here.

Why sponge a luxury flat when you can sponge a luxury detached?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Have to agree. Chavs tend be benefit scroungers.
    Yes agree also! Chav = no labour unless it is the stipping out of another sprog for us all to fund onto the benefits gravy train. Sombody who goes out and does a crappy job is not a chav, just somebody with a crappy job.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Eh? WTF?

How do you make that assumption?

Manual labour = chav? That's just plain bollox.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/555338-post10.html

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Eh? WTF?

Have to agree. Chavs tend be benefit scroungers.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Oh yes Binmen and cleaners the scum of the earth!
    You Sir are a twat.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/555338-post10.html

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Where I am all the binmen and street-sweepers are Eastern European anyway - and there is a very cute female blonde one who sweeps my street.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    There are some flats like that near me. They are supposed to go to council employees like nurses, doctors, teachers. But most are chavs - street cleaners, binmen, etcetc.
    Eh? WTF?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    There are some flats like that near me. They are supposed to go to council employees like nurses, doctors, teachers. But most are chavs - street cleaners, binmen, etcetc.
    Oh yes Binmen and cleaners the scum of the earth!
    You Sir are a twat.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    Streetcleaners and binmen are council employees too (and not chavs, because their work ethic, and willingness to do a sh*tty job for a fraction of the money you earn, keeps you and your family relatively vermin-free). Ever thought what you'd do without them?
    I was thinking that while I was typing my reply. I am impressed they have a job.

Maybe the local block is an exception - but from my friend they are not considerate. They make alot of noise, are not very friendly and let their kids do as they please.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    Streetcleaners and binmen are council employees too (and not chavs, because their work ethic, and willingness to do a sh*tty job for a fraction of the money you earn, keeps you and your family relatively vermin-free). Ever thought what you'd do without them?
    Actually our council has no street cleaners or binman. They are all subbed out to private contractors.

So in effect, the bin men are nearer to ourselves than the nurses and doctors!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I would get one of those machines that makes a noise only teenagers can hear!

I work with someone who lives in the flats - I asked him about reports of trouble. He said "it is fine since the nightly police patrols started"
    Also known as Lily Allen.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied

They built these flats round a playground - gives the teenagers a great place to hang out at night and annoy the locals.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I am a bit worried about these "luxury" flats across Britain's city centers turning into "Tower Hamlets" in a decade or two.

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    At least they're all in one place so you can bomb the bastards!
    I would get one of those machines that makes a noise only teenagers can hear!

I work with someone who lives in the flats - I asked him about reports of trouble. He said "it is fine since the nightly police patrols started"

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    They built these flats round a playground - gives the teenagers a great place to hang out at night and annoy the locals.
    At least they're all in one place so you can bomb the bastards!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X