• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much for monthly transportation costs comparative to the rate ?"

Collapse

• dude69
    replied
    About 9 minutes per day: 3 hours per month.

Leave a comment:

• beeker
    replied
    7 hours a week to cover accomodation and transportation - gig was too good to turn down! Getting some good experience on the CV before I head off to Oz later in the year!

:0)

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Nothing.

THought my co doesn spent 200miles a week @ 40p / mile to get me to clients sites

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    about 720 per month in transport costs. takes a day to pay off.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Approx 1 hour will cover my monthly fuel bill. It's great having a local gig (my first one in 3 years!).

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Likely View Post
    I have to work whole day to pay for month of fuel . I am not on a bad rate , but with 25 MPG I am stuck !
    I'm probably the worst here. I travel 90 miles to work 4 days a week, which equates to two tanks a week, which at £65 a tank (roughly) is £130 a week, or about £570

At 0.40 a mile I get nearly all of this back in expense tax saving, but at 180 miles a day, I'm back on the old 0.25 rate before you know it, so on a normal month after the high rate is done, I'm probably about £250 out of pocket, less than a day's net income though.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    How many hours / days you have to work to pay for your monthly transportation costs ?
    4 1/2 days per month to cover travel and accommodation. I pay it myself out of net income ("why" is a different question).

But if I add in the travel time, it gets horrendous. I'm not sure I'm doing it right, but if I:
    - add up hours/month travelling to & from work
    - add it to hours worked
    - divide hours travelling by total, and multiply by 20, I get (a) days/month spent travelling.
    - divide travel & accommodation cost by net income, and multiply by 20, I get (b) days/month working for expenses.

(a) is 5, and (b) is 4.5. Total 9.5 out of 20.

Leave a comment:

• Likely
    replied
    I have to work whole day to pay for month of fuel . I am not on a bad rate , but with 25 MPG I am stuck !

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    3.26 hours to cover mine. however, its not like i do loads when here!!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    21 minutes 36 seconds. Which is roughly how long the journey is.

12 hours was the worst I can think of. When adding in accomodation, it was around 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    6 hours

But when I was asked to move locations, I got a rate rise.... prob would ahve got it anyway, but it makes me feel better.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    I walk to the office.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    How many hours / days you have to work to pay for your monthly transportation costs ?
    50 minutes and 8 seconds

or less if I should correct for the trips I take privately on the monthly card

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    worst case, working in London from Manchester 8 hours pm

best case , working in Altrincham 2 hours pm

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    A big fat zero.

I work 99% from my own office.
    Wife lets you out of prawn towers once a year huh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X