• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pathway - any good?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Ever tried racing a pidgeon with a whippet on the end of your noddy?

The turbulence is a reet bastid!
    I can assure you sir that the photos of that incident were fakes!

And I was found not guilty...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Racial stereotypes eh?

Northern flat-cap wearing pigeon racing whippet s**gger...

BP
    PS make my shandy very weak with a cherry and umbrella.
    Ever tried racing a pidgeon with a whippet on the end of your noddy?

The turbulence is a reet bastid!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Nah mate, he doesn't work for them!

DA only falls down in the drinking department.
    (Southern shandy drinking woofter...)
    Racial stereotypes eh?

Northern flat-cap wearing pigeon racing whippet s**gger...

BP
    PS make my shandy very weak with a cherry and umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Cunch of Bunts.

Avoid any with the initials P&R.
    Also, any with "IT" in the name. That's a bad sign. As is "Computer".

Plus "People" in the name: another bad sign.

Anything called "Resourcing" should be avoided, and even more so "... Consulting".

Agencies that are Ltd are notoriously bad, nearly as bad as the plcs.

(In fact, I'm surprised Computer People aren't called IT Computer People Resourcing.)

Amazingly, my current pimps, SmartSourcing, are OK. The contract says pay monthly: they pay on receipt of timesheet; I've been taken out for lunch for the first time in years; they phone up about once a month to check I'm OK (plus ask for leads, but that's expected!)

Back to the question: when I was last benched, Pathway got me an interview and I won the gig and they were OK about it when I turned it down for a better gig. For another role, I emailed them and THEY PHONED ME BACK!!! Compared to usual experiences, that puts Pathway in my top 5%

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    And the initials D&A ?
    Nah mate, he doesn't work for them!

DA only falls down in the drinking department.
    (Southern shandy drinking woofter...)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What I should've said was "Avoid any of their agents with the initials P&R!".

Sorry.
    And the initials D&A ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Are there others with those initials?
    What I should've said was "Avoid any of their agents with the initials P&R!".

Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Cunch of Bunts.

Are there others with those initials?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Pathway are talking to me about a contract but I've heard bad things about them, anyone got a good thing to say about them?

Rajiv
    Cunch of Bunts.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    TazMan - thanks for your advice. Don't worry Rajiv Singh isn't my real name either.

HA Man - I don't get the tumbleweed reference. Something to do with the Big Lebowski?

Anyways, I'll stick my neck out and let you know that I wouldn't recommend them (I have recently finished a contract with them) but can't offer up too many pointers without flagging to them who I really am and having my card marked. I was just fishing to see if I was alone in this view.

Rajiv

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    LOL LOL LOL

But seriously Rajiv -

1) No one gives their real name on here because sooner or later someone will find out who you are and try and get a free drink out of you

2) Who cares what the agency is like. So long as you get the job and have and have a reputable umbrella (or preferably your own Ltd) then it's OK Jack.

3) Put serious questions in Business/contacts or Accounting/Legal.

4) Pathway (or any agency) talking to you is like you snogging a fat bird at a club - you know you probably won't be calling her back the next day. Until you have an interview don't bother unzipping your pants.

5) Good luck. If this is your first venture into contracting, you're going to need some luck cuz the market is utter crap right now.
    Last edited by ChimpMaster; 6 June 2008, 14:34.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    I've used them. Not bad. A bit of a mithering bunch when it comes to actually getting the contract, but once I was in, was always paid promptly, and never heard a peep from them. Just the way I like it.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Hint

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    started a topic Pathway - any good?

Pathway - any good?

Pathway are talking to me about a contract but I've heard bad things about them, anyone got a good thing to say about them?

Rajiv

Working...
X