• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Thank you Dawn

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thank you Dawn"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You should lay off the booze for a while!
    no I meant..

aw forget it

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I'm wasted here
    You should lay off the booze for a while!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think we are proposing the same thing!
    I'm wasted here

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by wc2 View Post
    The year is 2037.

Customer: A packet of 20 smokes please

Shopkeeper: Certainly Sir that will be £29,995.65 Have you got some ID Sir

Customer: I've got my pension book

Shopkeeper: Sorry Sir, You have to be 67 to buy smokes these days.

You'd have old tramps standing outside shops offering to buy smokes for those young whipper snap 50 something’s.
    Who do you reckon will be getting a state pension aged < 67 in 2037?

Not bloody likely.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by wc2 View Post
    The year is 2037.

You'd have old tramps standing outside shops offering to buy smokes for those young whipper snap 50 something’s.
    And then 1 day smoking will be illegal. sorted...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Are you trying to be funny, or is that a serious suggestion?

If the latter, you're being as idiotic as Dim Prawnerolo.
    It is a proposal for debate. Is it not possible to float ideas here? Or is everything just subjected to ritual abuse?

I often think sasguru's view of the cuk forum is quite correct.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Surely that wouldnt work, because the smoker will also age a year, once a year.

A better idea would be to raise the minimum age allowed to buy ciggies by a year, every year.

I think we are proposing the same thing!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Easier than skunk... so I understand.

Growing your own tobacco was quite popular in the 50s, but apparently it tastes absolutely horrid.
    Its true. Tobacco is very unpalatable. The only way it can be smoked if if the natives spit on the leaves whilst they are shredding them. The strands are then rolled between the firm pert perspiring breasts of young nubiles, to form the perfect woodbine. Damn fine people those redskins.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Just a thought, how hard is tobacco to grow?

I sense a new plan B.

Smoke PRC's they're tax free !

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied

A better idea would be to raise the minimum age allowed to buy ciggies by a year, every year.

The year is 2037.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    Excerpt from bbc News HYS:

>
    Shopkeeper - "Can I help you Sir?"

Customer - "Well, I was going to take up smoking but I've just noticed that the brand I wanted to smoke, which used to be in a blue packet is now in a plain white packet with standard lettering so I've suddenly decided I will lead a healthy lifestyle instead. And I'll vote Labour from now on too, in grateful thanks"

Shopkeeper - "Good for you, Sir!"

That was an excert from "The Strange World of Dawn Primarolo"
    <
    I think taht the theory about plain packets is that companies won't be able to get around advertising rules by sponsoring events using their corporate colours.

Seems reasonable to me.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Chan

Shame on you, mentioning that woman's name. Wash your mouth (or your keyboard) out with soap and water!

tho
    I cut and pasted this so I will now go and deliver appropriate punishment to the mouse responsible.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    Excerpt from bbc News HYS:

>
    Shopkeeper - "Can I help you Sir?"

Customer - "Well, I was going to take up smoking but I've just noticed that the brand I wanted to smoke, which used to be in a blue packet is now in a plain white packet with standard lettering so I've suddenly decided I will lead a healthy lifestyle instead. And I'll vote Labour from now on too, in grateful thanks"

Shopkeeper - "Good for you, Sir!"

That was an excert from "The Strange World of Dawn Primarolo"
    <
    Chan

Shame on you, mentioning that woman's name. Wash your mouth (or your keyboard) out with soap and water!

tho

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I suggest that the age at which cigarettes can be purchased rises a year every year.

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    I suggest that the age at which cigarettes can be purchased rises a year every year.
    Are you trying to be funny, or is that a serious suggestion?

If the latter, you're being as idiotic as Dim Prawnerolo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X