• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK PÖLICE STATE : why police is targeting middle classes"

Collapse

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I got bored with green and tried cerise for a while, but it wore off.
    There's still a bit of cerise on your eyebrow.....if that's what you call it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I got bored with green and tried cerise for a while, but it wore off.
    and the lambs cerise ? did you hear them scream ?

oh hang on, sorry, thought you were someone else

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Officers are having to put Home Office targets before serving the public and are becoming increasingly alienated from ordinary people as a result.

Members of the public find officers to be "rude" and accuse them of neglecting their duties and failing to respond to reports of crime.

A few years back I was assaulted by seven hooligans as I made my exit from a chip shop on the outskirts of Glasgow - I really thought my number was up - the ringleader swinged a boot at my balls but I managed to catch his boot and then steped back and so upended him - only to see the six thugs homing in for me - some brandishing metal bars and knives.

Just then I heard one of them yell 'Its the feking Polis - Run !'

I looked up to see two bobbies running like the wind straight for these neds - they eventually caught four of them and certainly saved the neck of yours truly - utter heroes they were - so I cannot speak highly enough of the Police.
    Close shave Alf. Well done.

my contacts with the fuzz have been a lot more negative, so I have a lower opinion of them.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Which is the most likely cause?
    Either :
    • Blacks are targeted because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime
    • Blacks are targeted because the Police force is institutionally racist
    Where's the "I don't believe they are targeted!" option?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Either :
    Blacks are targeted because a disproportionate amount are middle class?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Oh dear, the well-to-do middle class people are bitching and whining again because the Police won't let them drive their BMWs down the motorway at 120mph

Try being black for a bit - then you'll understand what Police harassment is.

As Chris Rock says: "Not one of you white people would change places with me - and I'm RICH!"
    Either :

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yup. I suspect few people would want to be anyone else, whatever colour each of them may be.
    I want to be something other than middle class white English able bodied hetrosexual. At least while I live in London. Because I am fed up being a minority.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post

then you'll understand how to become a professional victim!
    Yup. I suspect few people would want to be anyone else, whatever colour each of them may be.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Oh dear, the well-to-do middle class people are bitching and whining again because the Police won't let them drive their BMWs down the motorway at 120mph

As Chris Rock says: "Not one of you white people would change places with me - and I'm RICH!"

then you'll understand how to become a professional victim!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Last edited by NickFitz; 2 June 2008, 03:19.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    The problem with blaming the middle classes for apathy (and implying that other classes by virtue are more proactive), is that, that in itself is a wrong supposition.

Otherwise, we'd see hordes of working classes (and upper classes for that matter) converging on Downing Street calling for a revolution.

The fact that we see neither, doesn't lend credence to your belief.

I think you'll find that your gripe about the middle classes doing nothing, unless it affects them, is more widespread than just limited to one particular class.

But by all means, have a dig at the middle classes if it makes you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    The middle classes i.e genrally working and having a fixed abode are an easy revenue stream as well, no point in going after some council scally who hasn't got 2 beans to rub together when you can hit people who have money and can be traced easily.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Have you gelled your mohican today and ironed your Billy Bragg T-shirt ?
    I voted Tory at every election - including 1997. that is 6 since I was eligible to vote.

I stand by my comments in my original post.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    f**k the middle classes. they dont care what happens - until it happens to them. they get what they deserve.
    Have you gelled your mohican today and ironed your Billy Bragg T-shirt ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    f**k the middle classes. they dont care what happens - until it happens to them. they get what they deserve.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X