• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NHS and social services take the strain as usual"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And I can see an old man of 72 raising 2 young boys! When they're 10 and want dad to come down the park and play footie with them...people like that should be taken out and shot
    He doesn't sound like that kind of Dad anyway

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And I can see an old man of 72 raising 2 young boys! When they're 10 and want dad to come down the park and play footie with them...people like that should be taken out and shot
    I'm no Des O'Connor fan either.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    This story saddens me greatly. I can't say anything else except that I really, really feel for the poor girls.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
    Its interesting that in hospitals in certain areas of the UK they will not state the sex during the ante natal scans.
    My wife is a sonographer at a hospital with a high number of Muslim patients and they are always asking her what sex it is and the hospital policy is not to say. Some of them even getter aggressive about it!! That makes me mad!!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A very good case for abortion laws to be tightened. Current limit 24 weeks? Babies are born earlier than that and survive.

IMO abortion limit should be 13 weeks.

Some women might not know they are pregnant at that time

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    A very good case for abortion laws to be tightened. Current limit 24 weeks? Babies are born earlier than that and survive.

Maybe so but babies born before 30 weeks are likely to have sever problems in later life and babies born before 25 weeks will have severe physical and/or mental issues later in life.

I'm not suggesting that abortion shouldn't be limited, I would say 24 is far too late. However when should we be saving babies that are born early, and when should we be letting nature take its natural cause and allowing them to die?

You will be hard pressed to find a parent who would be willing to let their premature child die without trying to save them, but at what point are you being cruel to the child for the sake of the parents?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

You're a bloke so wtf has it got to do with you anyway?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
    Its interesting that in hospitals in certain areas of the UK they will not state the sex during the ante natal scans. I assume this must be the case for this couple as surely they would have aborted as it appears that abortion is possible in India.
    I assume in their country of origin their is not a welfare state to support these gender-wronged children.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    If they have any sense, they'll already have left the country because if the Sun finds out where they are before the Police do (which let's face it, is quite likely), they'll be lynched.

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    indian culture 500,000 female abortions a year!
    Its interesting that in hospitals in certain areas of the UK they will not state the sex during the ante natal scans. I assume this must be the case for this couple as surely they would have aborted as it appears that abortion is possible in India.
    I assume in their country of origin their is not a welfare state to support these gender-wronged children.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    Chinese are similar. From a book I read a while ago (50 facts that should change the world) :

China has 44 million missing women. For every 100 baby girls born in China in 2000, there were 116.8 baby boys. In China and India, sex-selective abortions are illegal but still common. China's 'one child' policy has meant that many births go unreported; these unregistered children won't be able to, for example, go to school or receive state-funded healthcare.

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    Is there not a case for child neglect that they can be charged with?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Can you imagine the footure, with Designer babies available at your local Tesco...
    I think they’re already here. Unfortunately they are all “Value” brands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X