• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Heathens and fanatics"

Collapse

• John Galt
    replied
    I am not comfortable at killing of anyone in Iraq

Chico, correct me if I am wrong but are you not an ardent supporter of the war in Iraq???? War - killing - Iraq.

Also, I believe in God and His will but will have no truck with your religion or any other on earth - does that still make me an 'atheist' in your eyes? Or is that only when I don't agree with what you say

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    I always answer questions the problem with the so called "atheists" is that it is not the answer they want. So they can keep asking the same question over and over again. As the famous song goes

"If you don't know me by now
    You will never never never know me

All the things that we've been through
    You should understand me like I understand you"
    - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
    Chico, why can't you just be happy with yourself - oh, and FOAD!

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    I always answer questions the problem with the so called "atheists" is that it is not the answer they want. So they can keep asking the same question over and over again. As the famous song goes

"If you don't know me by now
    You will never never never know me

All the things that we've been through
    You should understand me like I understand you"
    - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Hahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Yes Chico ... the notion of actually answering a question is just hilarious to you isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Hahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    slippery

Erm I am sorry Dodgy but does my salvation come from you? Why don't you tell me all the things you have done that you are ashamed of? Maybe you are just shameless? Huh?
    I am not the one preaching chico, you are. If you want to be taken seriously then please do not be so stupid to presume that we accept your arguments at face value. A little bit of hard evidence can go a long way. It does not need to be personal, just give us a list of the ten commandments with a tick against the ones that you broke before you got god, compared to the list after you got god.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Ere Chico, have I got this Christianity thing wrong then?

I understood that as long as one repented of ones sins one was forgiven. Not that one had to completely stop sinning.
    Is that not right?

All those Catholics asking for absolution are going to be a bit surprised on judgement day!

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Erm I am sorry Dodgy but does my salvation come from you? Why don't you tell me all the things you have done that you are ashamed of? Maybe you are just shameless? Huh?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Slippery

Thats between myself and God thanks for the concern though!
    That is a cowardly cop out chico and you know it. As ever whenever, like a politician you are cornered you either refuse to answer a question or you move the playing field. How on Earth can you or your ilk possibly expect anyone to take you seriously?
    There is a neat conspiracy to avoid answering any practical concerns that people have about your religion.
    You are indeed a flake.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    So what exactly have you given up? Dont worry we will not laugh and nor will we tell anyone else
    Thats between myself and God thanks for the concern though!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    "what price have you had to pay? what sacrificies have you made?."

DA has a good point there CL. No rights without duties. No gain without pain. That Simon Stylites now. A proper Christian he was. Stuck up a pole for forty years or whatever it was. Why don't you climb up a pole and stay there for 40 years? In return for an eternity in paradise, an absolute bargain!!

Aw bollox I gotta go get my train soon for another boring week. DA, you're an experienced chap, why don't you give tips on how NOT to get a contract? I tried my damndest not to get one, really I did. It isn't fair!

PS No hard feelings for mutual mud slinging this weekend. Till next time anyhow!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    eVidence

Dodgy - how can you assume that I have not given up anything? Whatever sins I committed before I was saved I have not only been forgiven for but I have also left behind. Not giving up sin would mean I have not understood the message of Christ. Believers are required to live as Christ would (WWJD) in our daily lives be we pop stars, recruitment agents or IT contractors. We are supposed to tell the world about the Good News rather than stick our heads into the sand.
    So what exactly have you given up? Dont worry we will not laugh and nor will we tell anyone else

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Dodgy - how can you assume that I have not given up anything? Whatever sins I committed before I was saved I have not only been forgiven for but I have also left behind. Not giving up sin would mean I have not understood the message of Christ. Believers are required to live as Christ would (WWJD) in our daily lives be we pop stars, recruitment agents or IT contractors. We are supposed to tell the world about the Good News rather than stick our heads into the sand.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    sacrifice

Dodgy do you really believe this? Please describe my "bespoke" Christianity? If you think that then you are mistaken. Christ did not die for our sins for us to to accept him and then continue leading sinful lives. Every life is sacred so I unlike you I am not comfortable at killing of anyone in Iraq, London or anywhere else for that matter.

As for your analogy about taking drugs a quote from Alice Cooper springs to mind "'It doesn't matter how many drugs I take, I'm not fulfilled. This isn't satisfying.There's a spiritual hunger going on. Everybody feels it. If you don't feel it now, you will. Trust me. You will... Drinking beer is easy. Trashing your hotel room is easy. But being a Christian, that's a tough call. That's rebellion."
    So since you "got yourself some god" what have you actually given up? what price have you had to pay? what sacrificies have you made?. It appears to me that preaching a religion is a license for debauchery.. you can do whatever you like from abusing children to extortion- how rich is Billy Graham? .

You said "so I unlike you I am not comfortable at killing of anyone in Iraq, London or anywhere else for that matter". That is not what I said, I said you were as comfortable as anyone about the killing of civilians in Iraq, I did not say that you were comfortable with it.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Dodgy please clarify

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    The neat thing about modern Christianity is that you can "buy it for yourself". You can join the club and make yourself feel better about yourself and superior to everyone else. It is like taking a drug. The even better news is that you do not have to give up anything whatsoever, no joining a monastry to live a life of celibacy for example. You dont have to follow to the letter of the law the ten commandments because by accepting god you have booked your place in heaven, and it cannot be revoked.

Chico is a prime example of this. He is as comfortable as anyone about the killing of innocents in Iraq (accidentally) by coalition forces. There is no integrity about his religion because Christianity is a bespoke solution tailor made to suit every individual.
    Dodgy do you really believe this? Please describe my "bespoke" Christianity? If you think that
    You dont have to follow to the letter of the law the ten commandments because by accepting god you have booked your place in heaven, and it cannot be revoked.
    then you are mistaken. Christ did not die for our sins for us to to accept him and then continue leading sinful lives. Every life is sacred so I unlike you I am not comfortable at killing of anyone in Iraq, London or anywhere else for that matter.

As for your analogy about taking drugs a quote from Alice Cooper springs to mind "'It doesn't matter how many drugs I take, I'm not fulfilled. This isn't satisfying.There's a spiritual hunger going on. Everybody feels it. If you don't feel it now, you will. Trust me. You will... Drinking beer is easy. Trashing your hotel room is easy. But being a Christian, that's a tough call. That's rebellion."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X