• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: LPG your motor?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LPG your motor?"

Collapse

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
    that's not answering the question..........
    Removing and Transferring LPG Systems

Your LPG system can be removed from your vehicle should you wish. This is a much simpler exercise than the installation however it must be carried out by a properly qualified technician so that all systems are properly isolated and the vehicle returned to its original specification. It involves the following:

Removal of the LPG filling point, fuel tank, injectors, vaporiser fuel switch and gauge
    Isolation and/or removal of the LPG wiring loom, connections and ECU
    Making good to the dashboard, bodywork and inlet manifold.
    Systems can generally be transferred from one vehicle to another, so long as the number of cylinders are the same and the tank will fit the new vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Why the **** would you want to?
    that's not answering the question..........

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    oi pooch I'm not saying there would be any logic in doing so, I'm asking whether it can be done without lasting damage.
    Why the **** would you want to?

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Which car would be woth the most?

Rolll up, Roll up! Come and buy the car of your dreams that costs half the price to run!

No, I can't see the logic there either...

Are you SASGURU's bastard child by any chance?
    oi pooch I'm not saying there would be any logic in doing so, I'm asking whether it can be done without lasting damage.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    can lpg conversions be removed easily if you were worried about resale value?
    Which car would be woth the most?

Rolll up, Roll up! Come and buy the car of your dreams that costs half the price to run!

No, I can't see the logic there either...

Are you SASGURU's bastard child by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    can lpg conversions be removed easily if you were worried about resale value?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm just curious as to why so few people convert their cars if it’s so good? By my very rough guesses from autotrader data only 0.06% of petrol cars run on LPG, saying that a quick glance at the cars for sale does have an unusually high proportion of V8's!!
    Probably a number of reasons:
    • People don't want to invalidate their warranty.
    • People will only do this if they know they are going to keep their car for at least 25,000 miles to make it economically feasible.
    • People don't want to modify their car because they believe that this will make it less reliable
    • People think it's a good idea but can't be arsed.
    • People don't know that it is possible to convert their car to LPG.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    The time between fertilisation and birth.
    To the nearest day if you please, hop in your boat and carry out a survey, ta. You may find some around Iceland, just don't confuse them with Kerry Katona.

I'm just curious as to why so few people convert their cars if it’s so good? By my very rough guesses from autotrader data only 0.06% of petrol cars run on LPG, saying that a quick glance at the cars for sale does have an unusually high proportion of V8's!!
    It might be one of those best kept secrets. Someone has to build the bandwagon in the first place, right?

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    I worked out the payback time on a previous car (4ltr jeep) to be approx 25,000 miles, and wasn't sure that I'd have the car that long (I do 10k a year) so decided to not bother. As it happened, I did 40,000 in it, so it would have paid for itself.

The availability of LPG also puts some folk off (we have an LPG supplier in the next village, so no problem for me)

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    Maybe the LPG owners are happy with their cars and don't want to sell?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    You want to have cake... and eat it too!
    As a wise man once said...

WTF is the point of cake if you're not going to eat it!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Why the **** not? The technology and infrastructure are in place.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    What's the gestation period of a sei whale?
    The time between fertilisation and birth.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Why pay more than you have to for the fuel?

I want a big 4x4 with 400bhp, that doesn't mean I should bend over and get shafted by New Liebour.

It's called mitigation.

Stick around, you'll learn more!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X