• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Exams getting easier"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I wonder how p1ssed off the ones who get a fail will be....
    I bet there are a lot of gutted kids out there who decided against choosing music as it was the "harder" option.

Anyway I'm sure music GCSE has a performance part to the exam as well.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I wonder how p1ssed off the ones who get a fail will be....

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    I thought everyone got As now anyway for fear of upsetting and traumatising the little cherubs!
    Apparently some of the more vocationaly adept ones will obtain a level of deferred success.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    I thought everyone got As now anyway for fear of upsetting and traumatising the little cherubs!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    I'm a little rusty on my statistics these days but I think that only works if you have one very very very thicko at the bottom of the pile.
    She's called Dawn Primarolo.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7414129.stm

How can you be disadvantaged in an exam by having the answers on the back?

there was a comment from OCR about "it's OK, not every candidate noticed!"

Made us laugh here, however my client is a competitor!!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    New labour education policy is to make everyone above average, and it's working.
    I'm a little rusty on my statistics these days but I think that only works if you have one very very very thicko at the bottom of the pile.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Sounds like a good idea, that way everyone can get an A** (or however many asterisks we are up to now).

With educational results like this we will be the envy of the world. New labour education policy is to make everyone above average, and it's working.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Is it worth worrying about when it's only GCSE music? Just let them take the A.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Do they still do exams? How quaint, I thought it was all internet-assisted coursework these days.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Exams getting easier

Exams getting easier

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7414129.stm

Thousands of pupils sitting their GCSE music exams could face having to do a retake after papers were discovered with the answers on the back.

The paper apparently featured a list of composers on it, which related to the answers to questions written on the other side.

Examination board Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Examinations (OCR) has said pupils will not be disadvantaged by the error.

How can you be disadvantaged in an exam by having the answers on the back?

Working...
X